question

Arie Kraan avatar image
Arie Kraan asked

D ESS delivery-back to and consumption from 3phase GRID: suggestion

I notice that the delivery back to and the consumption from the GRID is done in a somewhat balanced way (depending on AC loads and others) having a 3phase GRID connection)

As in the Netherlands congestion and high voltage (253V) is getting more and more an issue i have the following suggestion:

Could the delivery back be done in a way that the phase with the lowest voltage is maximized?

And for consumption from GRID the other way around, so maximize consumption to phase with highest voltage?

Added section below on MPPT.

Multiplus-IIMPPT SmartSolargridovervoltagemulti phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Hi you cant, because power from grid on L1 can not be directed to load on L2 output

The other way around is difficult too i think, but maybe with Node Red? ( i have no experience with node red)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Arie Kraan avatar image
Arie Kraan answered ·

Hi, As i have a Multiplus per phase it is technically possible to steer the flow of energy back to the grid or from the grid from/to the battery. @victron any plans?

Second thing: I have a SolarEdge on my house, the battery in garage and my charging of battery in DESS defined as 5500Watt related to my Multiplus systems.
Attached to the same battery is a MPPT RS 450/100 charging that battery. Is it wise/advisable to add the max charge capacity of that MPPT to the 5500Watt i defined (Multiplus capacity)?

2 |3000