home assistant Image

home assistant

Victron info in Home Assistant Energy dashboard

With the new release of the Energy dashboard in Home Assistant, I've been trying to surface the Victron data into it.

But I'm using modbus TCP to get data from my installation (through the Venus GX).. and those sensors apparently don't have the state_class attribute defined for them (which is ok i guess, as modbus is a generic protocol) but i also can't add such in the modbus sensor configuration in HA.. so this does not work. Link https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/statistics/

Is there any other way (than using modbus) to get information from Venus GX in a way it would be useful in the Energy dashboard from Home Assistant?

rares-vasilescu asked
rares-vasilescu commented ·

1 Answer

Adding a additonal SmartShunt .. will it show in the Raspberrypi

HI

I am looking to gather the data in my Home Assistant Dashboard for the Orion-TR smart 12-12 30AD c-DC I know that the data is fed with the Bluetooth but Victron don't give us the possibility to connect to I was thinking adding an additional Shut at the output of the DC-DC with the Ve-cable

- It this feasible?

- Will it disturb the overall electrical system?

- If yes, will the additional shut be displayed on the RaspberryPI 7 inch screen?

- If yes, will it be possible the get the information via the MQQT mapping

[image]

fenix asked
Stefanie commented ·

1 Answer

Followers

12 Posts
10 Users
3 Followers

Topic Experts

Peter
0 Points