cerbo Image

cerbo

This topic has been merged into cerbo gx . Please use cerbo gx when editing or creating new content.

Can I use a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50" instead of "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700"

Hi, I am installing a new system with the core components being a Multiplus 12/3000 inverter/charger, 2 x LiFePO4 Smart Batteries (12V/200Ah) & a VE.Bus BMS. I have been recommended to include a "Digital Multi Control 200 + BMV-700", but I'm wondering if it would be better to replace those 2 items with a "Cerbo GX + GX Touch 50". I would like the ability to monitor/control things remotely, and I have read (in other posts here) that you cannot change any settings remotely (nor via the touch panel), that can be set via the physical switches on the DMC (which takes priority).

So my question is really, can you do everything via the Cerbo GX & Touch 50, thus doing away with the need for the DMC & BMV altogether?

solarboat asked
solarboat edited ·

4 Answers

cerbo gx splash of water

Our water maker inlet hose, did come out of the filter splashing with water the Cerbo GX . All connections where wet, but inside was not water. It is an unfortunate episode, now the Cerbo GX is dead, There is something one can do to recover it?

maloya asked
maloya commented ·

1 Answer

Is anyone working on "AC Input 1" not displaying any power info from Multiplus-ii?

I have a new MH installation of a Multiplus-ii 2x 120 and cerbo gx and a touch 50.

It has been working fine and started buttoning everything up an decided to do a little load testing around 2kw with a 15A shorepower limit.

Now AC Input 1 and AC output 1 not displaying any power usage on touch 50 or vrm, even though everything seems to be working ok. Cerbo GX on firmware v2.80 and multiplus v4.90 to get rid of pll hum issue.

Hooked up MK3 and AC output shows power usage but AC Input 1 shows nothing.

Problem very similar to this link: Https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/89979/multiplus-ii-ac-input-suddenly-0-watt-on-gx-touch.html

Anyway, have done a lot of searching and issues like this seem to be a common problem, but can't seem to find a solution. I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware issue with the input current sensor.

Any help would be appreciated! Btw, it's not the data cable, hooking up the MK3 proved that.

Pat

Patrick Wardell asked
mondeoman commented ·

2 Answers

What happens to data if a Cerbo GX is powered on once a day for an hour?

I have just added a Cerbo GX to my system that is used to power an IP camera in a solar set-up. I have a SmartSolar MPPT 75/10 charge controller, a 65 W panel and a 100 Ah 12V LiFePO4 battery (non-Victron). The load output on the charge controller powers a Teltonika RUT240 modem/router 24/7 and a Shelly Plus 1 smart switch which powers up the POE switch for the IP camera according to a schedule. The Cerbo GX is currently powered directly from the load output of the charge controller; it is giving useful information and I want it to be able to inform me if I can run the camera for longer in a day depending on the state of the battery. It is consuming about 3W as expected. Days are very short in the southern hemisphere just now and I am considering putting the Cerbo GX behind the switch or its own new one and running it for say an hour a day. Does anyone know what type of information it can pull from the charge controller and give to me during that hour, and what data will be available via the VRM portal when the Cerbo is powered down? Will I get a summary from the time it was previously powered up, or will data be lost while the Cerbo is powered off? The site is remote and people can get there for on-site modifications only once a month. Thank you.

frnz asked
frnz commented ·

1 Answer

Falsche L1 Anzeige bei Netzbezug/AC Lasten auf Cerbo GX Console

Ich habe 3 Multiplus 2, 5kW, 48V, im Dreiphasenbetrieb, keinen externen Smartmeter, Strommessung erfolgt rein über die Multiplus. AC Ausgang nur auf "AC out 1" verkabelt, "AC in" auch korrekt angeschlossen.

Dann weiters 8 Pylontech US2000, 3 MPPT 450/100, Cerbo GX, ESS ist aktiviert, Netzeinspeisung bei DC Überschuß.

In der Cerbo GX Console zeigt mir der Netzbezug auf L1 ständig 0W an, dauerhaft. L2 und L3 schwanken, mal geht was raus, mal kommt was rein.

Dafür springt der L1 Wert bei "AC Lasten" auf Werte, die sicher nicht stimmen können, häufig >2000W.

Betreibe ich die Anlage im reinen Inselbetrieb, schalte also den externen Netzbezug weg, dann stimmen die Werte auf L1 bei "AC Lasten" wieder.

Irgendwie kommt bei mir die Vermutung auf, der L1 Wert von "AC Lasten" müßte bei "Netzbezug" stehen, mit anderem Vorzeichen.

Was könnte hier falsch sein?
Die Verkabelung wurde schon geprüft, "AC in" und "AC out 1" sind richtig angeschlossen.

Firmware ist die aktuellste auf allen Geräten mit heutigem Stand.

bruno-o asked
bruno-o edited ·

4 Answers

GX50 power cycling on/off from Cerbo.

My GX 50 is powering off/on without any reason. The Cerbo is connected to the permanent load bus, I have swapped the Victron power cable for an upgraded fused cable, no joy I am now suspecting the USB from the Cerbo itself, anyone had similar issues?

The unit is cycling on

/off 10-20 times during the 24 hour period. Perhaps even more. Cant be good for anything especially solar monitoring.

Lost for ideas.

all the best

Seamus

seamus asked

0 Answers

Cant connect to my cerbo through VRM portal due to installer registering first

I Cant connect to my cerbo through VRM portal due to installer registering first. He is no longer available. How can i get it removed so i can access it.

borgy90 asked
borgy90 commented ·

1 Answer

Multiplus 48/500 still charging when CCL from BMS is zero

Hi, I'm testing a BMS. The BMS comunicate correctly with the CerboGX I installed, I checked all the datas that the CerboGX reads from BMS and they are fine, included the CVL,CCL,DCL parameters. I put the "Keep Battery Charged" mode in the ESS and it works fine, the current profile follow the dynamic CCL. At the end of charge the CCL variate between 0A and 0,7A while the battery is performing balancing and the charge current follow that CCL limit well. Then there is a moment that CCL go to 0,6A (more less) and the current charge go to the same value and than "detatch" itself from CCL value charging the battery with that current constantly. The CCL go to zero but the Multi continues to charge with 0,6A (more less), and the battery go in overvoltage and disconnect itself for protection. Any thougth in what's happening and what's the possible error? Thank you

eddo asked

0 Answers

How to connect Multiplus, (3) BlueSolar and SmartShunt to Cerbo GX

I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120-50, (3) bluesolar charge controllers, (1) SmartShunt and connecting it to a Cerbo GX. The Cerbo has only (3) VE direct connections that will connect to the Cerbo GX. How do I connect the SmartShunt to the Cerbo GX. The SmartShunt has a VE direct communication port only.

affordablemarine asked
snoobler commented ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX 2.85 Web login bug

Just updated my Cerbo GX firmware to 2.85 to (in the hope to see any difference re this MQTT issue) and now the web login fails due to this JavaScript error "genSaltSync is not defined" in bCrypt.js at line 612:

[image]

I did disable WiFi access point and Bluetooth, so VictronConnect app is useless (even though it does see the GX on the local network connected by cable). VRM portal has never been configured, and I think I have disabled it in the Settings as well (at least, trying to add the Portal ID to VRM does not work).

What now? Factory reset? Downgrade from USB/memory card?

Thankfully I can use the Venus HTML5 App to see and control what I actually need to control (inverter on/off and charging current), but heck, how to update the GX when they fix the bug?

The JS code can be patched in-place via the dev console. But I haven't yet been able to figure out what the missing `genSaltSync` function should look like. Does anyone know now to approch the developer who coded the file? If I could hack/fix the JS in-place I would just log in and remove the password, and then wait for a proper update/fix. Much better than a factory reset.

greendrake asked
greendrake edited ·

1 Answer

Cerbo GX shuts down when clicking switch on 12V panel

I have the Cerbo running on my boat with 12V lead-acid batteries. When I switch on the navigation or autopilot, the Cerbo shuts down. All are connected to the same positive busbar. I tried to connect the cerbo directly to the battery, which seems at first to solve the problem. Now only when I set all the switche on the 12V panel to 'on' and then switch the main braeker to on, the Cerbo again shuts down. Could there be a voltage drop problem that switches off the Cerbo and doesn't switch it on again without having the power on the Cerbo switched on and off again?

danny-duym asked

0 Answers

ESS Konfiguration Deutschland, Nachrüstung zu bestehender PV

Hallo, ich möchte eine existierende PV Anlage (4.81 kWp SMA WR 1 phasig, Baujahr 12/2010) um eine zusätzliche PV mit 4.5 kWp mit ca. 10kwh Speicher und Victron Komponenten ergänzen.

Ich habe mir das ESS Manual https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/de/system-design.html

durchgelesen und möchte folgende Systemkonfiguration realisieren, das erscheint mir von der Integration in die bestehende Verdrahtung am einfachsten.

Das Ziel ist soviel wie möglich selbst zu verbrauchen und in die Batterie zu laden, von beiden PV Anlagen, was übrig ist soll ins Netz eingespeist werden. Ich habe einen relativ grossen Wechselrichter ausgesucht, da künftig auch eine Wärmepumpe nachgerüstet werden soll, die Batterie soll wenigstens von März bis Oktober eine weitgehende Autarkie des Haus ermöglichen.

Komponenten:
Victron Multiplus II 48/5000/70-5
SmartSolar MPPT 150/85-Tr VE.CAN Laderegler
Victron Cerbo GX (oder besser Venus GX?)
Victron EM24 Energy Meter
Victron Interface MK3-USB (VE.Bus to USB)
Victron RS485 zu USB Interface Kabel
Akku 48V 10kwh TBD (evt. DIY mit 16-17s LFP Prismatic Zellen und JK BMS)

[image]

Da ich kompletter Anfänger bin was Victron Komponenten angeht, habe ich jede Menge Fragen:

1. Ist die Konfiguration so grundsätzlich in Ordnung, oder ist eine andere Verdrahtung der Komponenten viel besser geeignet?

2. Die Wechselrichter sind auf L1 und L2 verteilt um die 4,6kW Schieflastvorschrift einzuhalten, mit der All Phasen Regelung über den EM24 Energymeter soll trotzdem Strom von der alten PV auf L1 in den Multiplus II auf L2 transportiert werden um die Batterie auch aus der alten PV zu laden, funktioniert das?

3. Batterie-Ladestrom: Wenn beide PVs volle Leistung (jeweils ca. 4 kw) bringen und der Akku geladen wird, wäre der resultierende Ladestrom dann 155A? (70A vom Multiplus || plus 85 A vom MPPT 150/85)? Gibt es eine Möglichkeit dass der MPPT und der Multiplus kommunizieren und dann der Ladestrom vom Multiplus II entsprechend dynamisch reduziert wird, z.B. auf 15A? Der resultierende Batterieladestrom wäre dann max. 100A. Oder kann das über das BMS der Batterie geregelt werden (CAN-Kommunikation zum Multiplus ||)? Eine statische Begrenzung des Ladestrom im MPTT hätte ja den Nachteil dass die am MPPT hängende PV nie den Spitzenwert liefern könnte.

4. Kann man die Werte des EM24 Energy Meter über mqtt veröffentlichen?
Ich habe evcc für eine Wallbox auf einem Raspi am Laufen, der bekommt derzeit die Leistungs-Werte per mqtt nur alle Minute vom Energieversorger Einspeise/ Bezugszähler und der PV. Ich würde diese Werte gerne häufiger abfragen, so alle 10-20 Sekunden vom EM24 Energymeter.

6. Cerbo GX oder Venus GX? Ist es möglich auf beiden Systemen eigene Software laufen zu lassen, z.B. mqtt?

7. 70% Soft Regelung: Kann man den Multiplus || in Kombination mit dem EM24 so konfigurieren, dass die 4,5kw Einspeiseleistung der neuen PV Anlage (bei vollem Akku) auf 70% reduziert werden kann?. Die alte PV Anlage muss nicht abregeln können, die hat Bestandschutz.

8. Betrieb des Multiplus || ohne Akku, ist das zumindest temporär möglich?

9. Statt Multiplus || und Cerbo GX das Kombigerät Multiplus || GX,
gibt es irgendwelche Nachteile?

10. Den EM24 gibt es auch mit Ethernet, funktioniert der auch?

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir weiterhelfen, vielen Dank schon mal im Voraus!

hrvic asked
hrvic edited ·

2 Answers

Accuracy of the ASS000001000 Temperature Sensor on a Cerbo

I had several unused "battery temperature" sensors that came with my Multiplus units. Reading that they are compatible with the temperature inputs on my Cerbo GX, I thought: "Fantastic! I can have temperature sensing at no additional cost!!". So I plugged them in and gleefully gave them names like: Outside, Jacuzzi, Rectal.... (just kidding, we don't really have a jacuzzi on our boat).

Alas, none of the readings were anywhere near correct. The new devices showed a connection and sensor voltage but all seemed to be at least 10 DegF too high. I double-checked my hookup and config but there's not a lot to mess up. Is anyone else using these same sensors on their Cerbo? Are you getting accurate readings?

rmarsh3309 asked
klim8skeptic answered ·

1 Answer

Physical button control of MultiPlus with CerboGX

I have an existing MultiPlus 12/3000/120 inverter that i am thinking of adding a CerboGX to gain some additional functionality. According to the manual for the CerboGX, the inverter may only be controlled by the CerboGX and may not be controlled by a physical switch. I currently have a physical switch wired to the MultiPlus (terminal H in the MultiPlus manual) and wish to keep the functionality a physical switch provides. The CerboGX manual makes it seems this is possible using something called an “Assistant“, specifically the safety shut off assistant. There isnt any info in the CerboGX manual about using an “assistant“ from I can tell. It seems that my objective should be possible by wiring my physical switch to a GPIO/contact closure on the CerboGX and programming the functionality in the Cerbo but how to accomplish that isn’t abundantly clear. If anyone can fill in the blanks for me, i would be greatly appreciative!

mrcrowley11 asked
mrcrowley11 answered ·

2 Answers

Visualization of the Growatt MIC 600 in the VRM portal

I've had a Multiplus 2 5000 with Cerbo GX unit for a few days. Also connected an SMA Sunny Boy 3.6. I connected the SMA to the Cerbo as an external inverter and it is also displayed in the VRM portal. Now I would like to visualize my Growatt MIC 600 in the VRM portal as well. Unfortunately I can't find a solution to my problem.

getacca asked
getacca answered ·

2 Answers

Followers

1181 Posts
32 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.