remote console Image

remote console

Venus GX Remote Console White Screen

A strange thing has happened to my Venus GX Remote Console today. I connected using my laptop browser through VRM early in the day and all was fine, then later the screen just shows a white panel. Nothing I do seems to change the Remote Console display.

[image]

The Dashboard and other pages in VRM work fine and data is being measured by the Venus GX from my system, it is just the Remote Console that is blank. I have tried the following things:

1. Connect via VRM on my mobile phone: the screen is also white

2. Connect directly to the Venus GX using its WLAN connection from an iPad: also white screen

3. Power cycled the Venus GX: no change

4. Disconnected everything from Venus GX, power cycled then connected with WLAN on iPad: still no difference.

I am setup to receive beta Firmware drops automatically and the WLAN connection from VictronConnect shows Firmware: v2.60~21

Any ideas anyone? I love my Remote Console and really need it working again!

Thanks

Richard

reflections asked
jeroen commented ·

7 Answers

VRM & remote console - PV CT sensor data disappearing & reappearing after a GX reboot

Another issue now, the PV generation data on the VRM portal & the PV 40A addition in the remote console keeps disappearing in both. The only way to get it to come back is to reboot the Multiplus in the remote console (GX side) and wait for it to reappear, only for it to disappear again an hour or so later. One day I might have a fully working system as expected. Please see the below video.

https://youtu.be/a0QXKCuvZn4

Jason - UK asked
Jason - UK commented ·

0 Answers

Remote console not working

I have been unable to connect to remote console for some time, Used to work no problem. I have looked at all the other posts of it not working for people and none of the suggestions have worked for me (Like others).

I have a cerbo gx which is connected to an ee mini router. Password is disabled, logging is enabled, 2 way communication etc etc is all as it should be. I can connect to VRM via mobile phone, laptop, all without issue. As soon as I try remote console i get the "Failed to set up a connection to the GX device" message with the red triangle.

In the settings it is enabled on VRM, is showing online but if i go onto devices (gateway) on vrm it says remote console is enabled but not online.

I have tried resetting/rebooting, disabling password etc about a 100 times.

I can connect to it via LAN no problem via my phone or laptop using the victron connect app

Nothing has changed on my router, it just decided to stop working one day. Something reported by many others.

Please help.

eddieeagles asked
eddieeagles commented ·

3 Answers

Screen layout on VRM not showing AC2 out loads separately from AC1 out

This question may answer part of another question I posted two days ago.

The VRM layout for the Multiplus 2 looks like the Screenshot document below

However, the second image reflects the actual layout

Surely the VRM portal (and remote console / Colour control) should rflect the actual statof the Multipluss wherein

AC1 = Critical loads (No break loads) - Green on image

AC2 = loads connected to AC2 of multiplus - Blue on image

"High loads" - Red load on Image

It is somewhat confusing as to what AC loads and Critical loads actually mean on the current VRM portal layout especially the "flow" of current depicted by the blue dashes.

Does "critical loads" (1846w for clarity) mean AC1 out and AC2 out

Does "AC loads" (0 w for clarity) mean the bidirectional load which is fedback into the grid but consumed by the "red" high loads?

[image]

[image]

Lyndsay Cotton asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) edited ·

1 Answer

Bug report: Pylontech 2500 Battery-Remote Console-Details &VRM data errors

I'm commissioning three Pylontech 2500 batteries with a new Cerbo GX and came across two problems with the remote console "Details" display of data and the data reported by the VRM data widget. (the battery operation is working nominally)

1/ the Details screen (remote console) description has the first two labels of the "Lowest cell voltage" and "Highest cell voltage" reversed. The VRM widget display also has these labels reversed.

2/ Something is very wrong with the display of the Lowest and Highest cell temperatures.
The Details screen is also reporting the "Minimum cell temperature" and "Maximum cell temperature" incorrectly. For an ambient temperature of 24C and battery temp of 24C and a small charge current 7.5A @ 26.88V for 3 units (333Ah) the reported max and min cell temperatures are -33C and -43C. The next day when the ambient temperature had dropped to 21C, reported -63C & -73C.

I tried each of the brand new batteries separately (i.e. not connected together via RS232 cable) moving the CAN cable to each in turn and each of the "Cell temperatures" was the same i.e -33C. I would have expected the cell temperature should have been (under the operating conditions) to have been very close to the battery temperature at 24C plus/minus no more than 1C.

I also have observed that the reported battery temperature resolution is 1 degree C (no problem with this), with the cell temperature incremented in units of 10C. This might hint at the possible cause of the problem.

The battery otherwise seems to be operating nominally and the local LED display is not showing any problems. Otherwise, the Pylontech 2500 BMS CAN bus connection to the Cerbo GX was simple and quick commissioning, complements on making it so easy.

I'll try to post screenshots of the problem, for some reason the current session does not allow images.

raymiller asked
ich10 answered ·

5 Answers

CCGX Remote console

Hello, doing some testing on using the remote console feature of the CCGX, the CCGX screen will freeze after a couple of days of continuous operation of the remote display. Causing me to have to reboot the master CCGX. Could this be due to the cache on the CCGX filling up and freezing the displays on both remote console and master? The connection is hard through cat6a.

Dave Rae asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Venus GX remote console password

Good day guys,

Good day guys, i have multiple Venus gx units that i need to submit an RMA for,

I need to test these units but all of them have a remote console password,

How can i access the cosole without the password or can i reset the password?

Please help

Gerrie Rossouw asked
Gerrie Rossouw commented ·

2 Answers

Solar summary display in Remote Console

Hi there,
I have a Multiplus II System with a MPPT450/100 in combination.
So I see two tiles with separate solar values in the remote console display.
Is there a way to display the overall solar value which makes a sum of all solar data?

BR Markus

holzbaer asked
holzbaer commented ·

2 Answers

Phoenix 12/500 - Countdown/timer switch on remote

Hi everyone !

I have a Phoenix 12/500 inverter and I would like to activate it with a countdown/timer switch like this :

[image]

Is it possible to connect it directly to the remote port ? and if yes, would you have a diagram on how to ? (i didnt find much information on the remote port in any manual or datasheet)

Would any of you have a switch of that type to recommand for a 12v system. I would imagine that it should be something with a low ampere usage, or ?

Thanks for you help !

vishnuh asked
vishnuh answered ·

2 Answers

Remote console status line and AC-input information

Currently the VRM remote console status line displays local time, which is useful if you're modifying ESS scheduled charging.

With Quattro, it would also need:

- generator voltage, current and frequency: 230V 2,3A 50,3Hz

- battery status: Bulk, Absorption, Float

[image]

Also, the inverter input should provide the same information as VE.Configure for AC-input criteria:

[image]

Currently if the voltage or frequency is not inside the accepted limits, charging is not started but it's hard to understand why. There is no information available. Voltage and frequency should be red just like in VE.Configure if they violate the criteria. And It would be great if that would be visible in status line as well in detailed device information listing (Main menu -> Quattro-II ..... -> AC-In L1) .

EDIT: The point here is that given information is available in VE.Configure monitor, but not in VRM console nor VRM graphical illustration. Being as important it is, I don't see why it should not be there. Just put those numbers red that are outside the requirements. If the system has GX device connected to inverter, one has to disconnect that first to be able to connect VE.Configure with laptop see this information. You should not have to make changes into connections when using a system.

BR,

Juha

Juha Tuomala asked
Juha Tuomala edited ·

2 Answers

Why Can't I Add an Installation on VRM

I'm trying to add my cerboGX installation to VRM. I already created my login ID, and verified it after receiving the email from Victron in my inbox.

I've tried about 10 times. Tried on different browsers. The VRM instruction manual says that you add the VRM ID of the Cerbo and then click on the button below, "Add"

I don't have that button when I'm on that page. The button in my case says, "Request Access"

I am able to run remote console just fine from my laptop, which to me suggests this is not a connectivity problem.

Every time I click "Request Access" there's a popup that says the administrators will be notified. I never get any emails from Victron. Is this something that perhaps takes a few days to update?

agroventuresperu asked
Matthias Lange - DE commented ·

4 Answers

how can i add devices to the VRM device list

Good evening,

I i accidentally removed one of my tankmeters from the device list in VRM.

How can i get this device back in the list?

Kind regards,

bas asked
bradmo commented ·

2 Answers

Dashboard Einstellung auf Remote Konsole

Guten Morgen,

Venus GX gibt die Möglichkeit in der Remote Konsole einzustellen, was auf den VRM Portal zu sehen sein soll. Mein Venus GX hat die Software Version v2.89. Angeschlossen sind verschiedene Geräte.

Egal was ich in der Remote Konsole einstelle (und anschließend das GX neu starte), das VRM Portal zeigt immer dasselbe Erscheinungsbild. Die meisten Geräte werden angezeigt, andere nicht. Hat jemand dieses Phänomen auch bereits beobachtet und eine Lösung (oder auch nicht) gefunden?

Beste Grüße Peter

procyon asked
kevgermany answered ·

2 Answers

Remote VEConfigure Upload - Quattro #6 DDC Program Error

I have a system of 3 Quattro 15k configured in 3Phase, a CCGX, BMV-700 and AC-out coupled PV on-grid inverters.

Yesterday I wanted to change charger settings in VEConfig of each Quattro so I downloaded the VE.Bus using Remote VEConfigure and changed the settings on each of the Quattros within the VE.Bus remote file. Of course it required a VESoftware tools update and within the VEConfigure, ESS assistant update. I updated successfully.

Interestingly, after the update, ESS assistant settings were not the same in each of the Quattros; the Master had all the settings, but the Slaves had fewer setting pages. (Anyone knows if normal? why?)

After setting changes, I closed+saved the VEconfigure and VEBus tools, and went on to upload the updated file via Remote VEConfigure. First trial returned an error, second as well, and the third trial just crashed and froze on one stage of the upload. After a checkup on site, the system was shut down, with a beeping sound, flashing LEDs and Quattro #6 DDC Program Error alarm on CCGX (attached photos).

My problems:

1. I checked on site CCGX and VRM portal, the connection seems up and running online, however I cannot connect to the CCGX nor the device Remote VEConfigure, and Victron Connect app, it shows the system "offline".
  2. I have to solve this solely remotely, online, since I don't have specialized personnel on site with the necessary tools
  3. Error 6 DDC seems a problem in the assistant and needs a VE.Bus firmware update. How can I do this remotely online when my connection seems to have a problem?

Urgent support is needed with thanks.

@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) can you please jump in for suggestions

Thanks

Nazareth Kevorkian asked
jcarnouil commented ·

2 Answers

Multiplus charge current control? assistant/ESS

Hi Folks... This is going to raise a few eyebrows I expect but none the less...

I have two Multi's 5000/48/70-100 and 5000/24/70-100.

They are connected in series, as in, the output of the 48 feeds the input of the 24. I have done this to take advantage of the assist feature, giving me more overall output whilst retaining the ability to use either system independently, external manual changeover switch, in the event that either system has an issue or needs to be switched off for maintenance/modification.

My solar is DC coupled to the 48 system and managed by the BYD battery ( Standard config :-) )

We are completely off grid so my system needs to be as fault tolerant as possible.

The configuration works well, AC input limit on the 24 protects 48 and can be used to determine which battery is actually supplying my loads, assuming that the load is les than 4kW at the time and I anticipate using charge current limit, dynamically, on the 24 to determine the balance of available charge current between the batteries.

However...
I discovered that I cant directly connect both Multi's to the same VE.Bus as they immediately try to go parallel which isn't the goal and as far as I know would not work anyway.
I have connected the 24 to my CCGX via an MK3, which seems to work locally and within VRM.I
(I cant access the registers on the 24 via Modbus but that is a different question.)

I need to control the charge current limit and am aware that there is an assistant which I think will allow me to do so with an analogue input or potentially 1 or more digital in's

I am also aware that ESS is replacing this kind of functionality and was wondering if treating the 48 as a grid and running ESS on the 24 is possible and if it is weather it would be a better, more integrated, approach.

Questions In summery...

1) What options do I have for managing charge current limit remotely/externally?

2) Is ESS an option?

3) Is it possible to handle the second Multi, 24, as an AC coupled charger for the first Multi, 48, like AC solar?
In an ideal scenario it would be good to be able to cross feed energy in either direction and manage where available charge is going, as a system.

4) Is there a GX variant that will allow both Multis to be directly connected, so I have full access to parameters and remote config, whilst keeping the two systems from trying to parallel up?

Sorry this is a bit long, I wanted to provide an accurate context.

Cheers,
Al

Alistair Warburton asked
Alistair Warburton edited ·

3 Answers

Followers

240 Posts
95 Users
2 Followers

Topic Experts

Alexandra
113 Points