question

Tony avatar image
Tony asked

Has anyone had issues with Cerbo GX remote console since FW 3.3 update?

I carried out the firmware upgrade to v3.30 yesterday to my Cerbo GX and I am now not able to access the Remote Console. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

The remote console was working fine before the firmware update and I have not changed any of the settings.

cerbo gxfirmware update
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Henry Pieters avatar image Henry Pieters commented ·
Exact same problem here. Updated a few days from much earlier version, now the following problems occur:

Remote Console not connecting - was working well before

Cerbo often goes into slow-mode. Reported RRT however max. 5ms

Cerbo just stopped working for 10 minutes when a large load (geyser) switched on.

Hard restart (power-off / on) worked for a while 2 days ago. Then the problem came back.

I set the WiFi router to static IP for Cerbo GX 192.168.0.199 that worked for a day. I found this worked with previous similar issue regarding constant chaging of IP addressing). Now remote console not connecting again.

Can Victron developers please look into this problem urgently.

0 Likes 0 ·
nunorgp avatar image nunorgp Henry Pieters commented ·

Having the same issues, mostly when at peak solar production . Cerbo will stop responding and reboot itself, production stops for a couple of minutes until cerbo is back up. I believe this happens maybe once or twice a day now

When at peak solar production cerbo is very very slow, often get the notification from VRM saying the cerbo is overloaded and will stop reporting . not sure this is an issue with the firmware as I noticed cerbo as been getting slow for some time .

I am sending it back to warranty as it seems peformance is deteriorating for some time now and not related to latest the firmware. Problem is that sending it to warranty production will stop without a cerbo :( so tough spot when I am consistently making 30 kwh a day ...

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
blieve avatar image
blieve answered ·

Yes, had the same issue. It needs a second reboot to be functional again

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt09 avatar image
matt09 answered ·

Not exactly an issue - but there is now a warning/alarm triangle on the remote console even though there are no notifications. Reverting to 3.22 and the triangle is no longer there.img-0291.png

img-0291.png (212.6 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Known bug, purely cosmetic. Thought it had been fixed but may be a regression.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tony avatar image Tony commented ·
I have the same issue with my remote screen
0 Likes 0 ·
V3.31 seems to have resolved this issue
0 Likes 0 ·
Elvet Gehring avatar image
Elvet Gehring answered ·

Attempted the firmware upgrade to version 3.30 this morning and observed the following:

1. Unable to connect to Cerbo GX from the LAN or Wi-Fi
  2. Inverter did not switch to MAINS_ON after GRID power re-established. Estimate up to 5 minutes for Relays to kick in.

Resolution:

Powered down the System and the Cerbo GX and after a wait time of approximately 60 seconds powered the solar system up again.

Remote Console started after this, but found the Cerbo GX response time was slow with version 3.30.

Reverted to Firmware version 3.22.

2 |3000

rbdawg avatar image
rbdawg answered ·

I upgraded my Cerbo to version 3.30, and now am unable to connect in realtime. I am away from the system so all contact is through VRM. I can get updates through VRM apps (Android, Windows and web), but cannot control the Multiplus remotely. Remote Console response is very slow, but eventually works, despite repeated disconnects. Another reboot took 15 minutes and did not improve response. Reverted to v3.13.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi all,

The team is aware of this issue, until it can be resolved, there is a work around.

The GX device still reports to VRM, but the GUI is not available.

The work around to get it back is to reboot the GX device, this is not an obvious feature of VRM. To access it, there is a hidden button available in the /diagnostics menu. You'll need to add this suffix to the vrm site url as below:

cleanshot-2024-04-12-at-083235.jpg

If the issue is persistent for your site you will need to revert to a previous version.

1 comment
2 |3000

ektus avatar image ektus commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Looks like this might be the same problem with my Cerbo GX: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/276890/cerbo-gx-random-reboots.html

Sometimes it reboots due to high system load, sometimes the GUI won't start, If it doesn't start, the system is otherwise stable.There are some logs in my thread.

1 Like 1 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi all,

Thanks all for reporting these issues,

Matthijs has just released a new beta v3.31 with fixes that should resolve them for testing.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/277965/venus-os-v3313.html

Please try it if you can, and report in that new thread with your results.

7 comments
2 |3000

Successfully downloaded V3.31 and working fine so far.
1 Like 1 ·
Is v3.31 available to download now?
0 Likes 0 ·
rbdawg avatar image rbdawg commented ·

Unable to do the update remotely, possibly due to another issue (https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/279203/view.html). Will try v3.31 tomorrow when I'm there in person.

0 Likes 0 ·
rbdawg avatar image rbdawg commented ·
Found my Cerbo running v3.31 today, so apparently the remote update worked in spite of the error message it ended with. Gave it another reboot for good measure. Remote Console still very slow, and doesn't work for long. Wifi connection keeps dropping out, but wifi connection is steady for my other connections.
0 Likes 0 ·
Since the update yesterday to v3.31 I have noticed that my touch 50 is taking much longer to come to life after I rebooted my Cerbo GX
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Tony commented ·
@Tony

You now have to post on the beta thread dedicated to your version with observations and suggestions etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al Alexandra ♦ commented ·

v3.31 was released officially yesterday. I Installed it on one off my systems this morning, which is all running fine apart from a separate issue of no forecasting.

0 Likes 0 ·