question

fish avatar image
fish asked

Bug Report ; V3.0 VRM Dashboard not showing PV Inverter

Everything upto date and I have DC Solar via MPPT and a grid tied AC invetrer which is displayed by an EM24 meter. Upgraded to V3.0 and AC invetrer disappears on dashboard. Everything is working and it all appears in device list just not displayed.

Reverted to V2.94 and refresh and all good. Back to V3.0 it displays the AC Inverter box then when the data refreshs it dissappears.

Is this related to the current VRM issues or a V3.0 bug. Currently running V2.94 for the while.

Any thoughts?

For info I'm running large format with node red enabled. Quattro 15000/48, Pylontech, MPPT and AC tied with meter

cerbo gxVRMVenus OSfirmware updatebug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
fish avatar image
fish answered ·

Fixed! - BUG is in V2.94 NOT V3.0

It turned out that having origionally installed the Grid to AC1 and Gen to AC2 it worked fine. This was then amended to be in line with the manual so Grid AC2 and Gen AC1 however the Energy Meter for the AC tied Inverter was left located at AC1 under Energy Meters, it would appear that there is probably a bug in V2.94 as it accepted this and the dashboard worked. When you change to V3.0 it correctly didn't recognise it as AC1 was not active.

I can now confirm in V3.0 with Grid on AC2 and the AC tied Inverter located at AC2 it all works.

Hope this is useful for someone.

Cheers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

barton1d avatar image
barton1d answered ·

Hello,
It's possible that this could be related to a bug in the V3.0 version or an issue with the current VRM system.

Here are a few suggestions :

Clear cache and refresh: Clear the browser cache and refresh the dashboard to see if the AC inverter reappears.

Check device settings: Ensure that the AC inverter is correctly configured in the device settings and that it is selected to be displayed on the dashboard.

Update firmware and plugins: Make sure that all firmware and plugins related to the VRM system are up to date. Check for any available updates and install them.

Contact support: If the issue persists, reach out to the support team for the VRM system or the developers of the V3.0 software. They will be able to provide more specific assistance and guidance. PaybyPlateMa

I hope this helps, and that you're able to resolve the issue with the V3.0 VRM Dashboard soon.

Best regard,
Barton1D

1 comment
2 |3000

fish avatar image fish commented ·

Cache and Cookies tried and different browser and V2.94 works V3.0 works for a few seconds then when gets to real time it dissappears.

Device settings as far as I can see are spot on, again supported by the fact it has worked fine previously.

All firmware etc is updated.

Apparently there was a known issue which is why we fitted a 3 phase meter:

Fronius Inverter does not appear on VRM portal, why ? - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

Hence why it worked? PV Inverter is on L3

Any further thoughts or comment from Victron. Pretty certain it is VRM/venus bug as it's working fine on V2.94 just not V3.0

0 Likes 0 ·
barton1d avatar image
barton1d answered ·

If you have tried clearing cache and cookies, using a different browser, and updating firmware, but are still experiencing issues with the Fronius Inverter not appearing on the VRM portal, it is recommended to reach out to Victron support for further assistance. They should be able to provide insights and potential solutions to the problem you are facing.

2 |3000

fish avatar image
fish answered ·

Thanks for the replies, it's definately a bug in the new OS v3.0 as I can repeat the behaviour reverting from V2.94 to V3.0, I've sent an email to my dealer.

Is there no way to email Victron teams direct to make them aware? Does anyone have the contact details for the right person at Victron?

1 comment
2 |3000

eurodiagnostyka avatar image eurodiagnostyka commented ·

I confirm I have the same situation. 100% firmware Problem .

After downgrade to 2.94 icone PV home screen back .

Pv section show normal Pv inverters all version .

0 Likes 0 ·
eurodiagnostyka avatar image
eurodiagnostyka answered ·

Partial solving the problem of disappearing PV from version:<3.0-3.12

Go to Settings>PV Inverters >Inverters>"AC-Out MP" or you configuration pv>Position must by AC Output !! other AC input 1 or 2 not show inverter home screen .

2 |3000

litebluestore avatar image
litebluestore answered ·

This has some good knowledge. Thanks for sharing it.

LiteBlue

2 |3000