linux Image

linux

VictronConnect core dump in Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

VictronConnect doesn't work anymore in Ubuntu Linux and just dumps core just after it has been started. Has anyone similar problems?

tony-g asked
victronconnect answered ·

1 Answer

Externer Zugriff auf SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 (Bluetooth)

Hallo allerseits,

ich bin ein wenig durch die verfügbaren Geräte verwirrt. Ich habe einen SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 mit Bluetooth und will auch außerhalb von Bluetooth-Reichweite darauf zugreifen. Das Gerät steht in einem WLAN, welches ich über VPN von überall erreichen kann. Extra dafür noch eine Verbindung über SIM-Karte einzurichten, erscheint mir als Overkill.

Ist es möglich, sich z. B. zu einem Raspi zu verbinden, welcher über Bluetooth mit dem SmartSolar kommuniziert? Ich will eigentlich nur wissen, wie es der PV-Anlage geht. Komplizierte Änderungen des Ladereglers müssen nicht durchgeführt werden.

Danke, Erich

erich-1 asked
Jockel commented ·

1 Answer

converting .rvcs file into .vcsf format

Hello all,

can i convert an .rvcs file into .vcsf format?

I managed to download the rvcs config file via VRM to my computer.

I want to change some configuration and upload it again.

The only program I can use is the victron connect app on Linux.

This app just creates the .vcsf format.

Is there any way to convert these formats or another way to edit the .rvcs file manualy on Linux?

chainmaster asked
chainmaster answered ·

2 Answers

configuring Multiplus on Linux

is there a native linux version of VE configure availiable or a kind of command line tool to do so?

do we still have to use the workaround with wine?

im not too happy with installing Wine just for the victron tool.

chainmaster asked
chainmaster answered ·

2 Answers

Linux alternatives for setup

My supplier has sent me links to the Windows-compatible utilities
VictronConnectInstaller.exe and VECSetup_B.exe

Which are no use to me, running Linux Mint 20.

I have tried the Linux VictronConnect-x86_64-v5.52.AppImage, which gets stuck doing nothing. Can anyone help with the Linux alternative to the two above, please?

Am I wrong to expect it to connect through the Internet connection?

Thank you.

perastro asked
perastro answered ·

3 Answers

VictronConnect linux bug report - temp compensation setting

Changing temperature compensation value in Multiplus-II 24/3000/16-70, BluePower IP67 12/25 and BluePower IP67 12/17 settles as "disabled" what ever is typed into the value field.

Tested with above mentioned equipment.

mrhappy asked

0 Answers

Migrate settings from CCGX to Cerbo GX

Hi:

I have to replace a Color Control GX due to it being overloaded (slow, rebooting, high load averages) after expanding my system. Have already purchased a Cerbo GX.

Question:
Is there a reasonably easy way to transfer settings from the old device to a new one, or will I have to do this screen by screen? I am hoping that it may be as easy as SSH in / copy a few config files and directories to and from SD card / reboot?

Thanks

Henk

henk-1 asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

1 Answer

20 Posts
18 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

enodev
0 Points
gone-sailing