question

falkon avatar image
falkon asked

VRM mobile app gets stuck on Dashboard when DESS is ON [bugreport]

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with VRM mobile app (Android) as of today (26. June 2024), which may be connected either to the new VRM version deployed (= slightly modified design), or to my yesterday's configuration of DESS.

I guess it is somehow related to some problem with loading/displaying data in DESS section on the VRM Dashboard inside the mobile app.

Affected version:

- the "new" version of VRM (which has, e.g., EVCS connected to AC Loads, not to the Inverter icon.

How to reproduce the bug:

• have Dynamic ESS ON in the VRM Settings
  • open VRM Android app, select your site (or mine: c0619ab5fb1b)
  • the Dashboard loads, BUT... it gets stuck (see below Problems / Observatins)

Problems / Observations:

• ... when scrolling down to DESS section, the charts says "Loading", and this loading will never end
  • typically, the app freezes once you "look" at the DESS section
  • the problem occurs also when NOT scrolling to the bottom -- the connection indicator (in the top left corner) says "Connecting..." for the infinit time.
  • since the values of PV power, AC Load, Grid, and Battery are displayed correctly, (HOWEVER, the values are 'frozen' -- i.e., no update received, just a first 'snapshot' values are displayed), I guess the first batch of data (about the standart ESS system) were received correctly, but the attempt to load additional data about DESS caused some Exception, which kills the appropriate networking/displaying Thread.

How to 'recover':

• Turn OFF DESS via PC browser in VRM Settings
  • kill Android app
  • start Android app again
  • the app works as expected (because no DESS data are fetched and/or displayed)

Anyone else having the similar issue/behavior?

VRMbug reportvrm bugapp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources