question

mikenr avatar image
mikenr asked

Quattro remote switch behaving oddly

I have a Quattro 48-10000-140 inverter for my house that is 100% off grid. Our bedroom is above the inverter and we like to switch it off at night. I want to use the remote switch to make it more convenient to switch off at night - eventually I discovered where the connection is, to wire in a 'normal' switch. I removed the jumper wire between the centre and left connector and put a switch in the position of the jumper wire.

I have the inverter on and my switch closed. I switch the inverter off with my switch and the inverter switches off - BUT only for about 17 seconds, then it switches itself back on for 8 seconds and keeps cycling until I switch my switch back to 'ON' and then all is normal.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance!

remote console
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikenr avatar image mikenr commented ·
I forgot to mention that I have the latest firmware uploaded to the Quattro - I checked that.
1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@mikenr

Maybe the resistance of the switch or connections.

0 Likes 0 ·
mikenr avatar image mikenr Alexandra ♦ commented ·
OK, I will try another cable - I also tried just twisting the wires together to see if that worked (wires are 0.75mm2) and had exactly the same result :-/
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ mikenr commented ·
@mikenr

What inverter do you have exactly? Are you using H?

0 Likes 0 ·
mikenr avatar image mikenr Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I am using 'H' the attached photo is of my inverter. 1717530024936.png

The photo I have of my H connection is rather fuzzy, but good enough to see what's going on. . .

1717530109982.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1717530024936.png (2.2 MiB)
1717530109982.png (2.9 MiB)
0 Answers