question

offgridsystems avatar image
offgridsystems asked

I cannot use Remote Console with EE Router

Hi Guys. I have tried to search the forum on this but no luck, so asking if anyone has had experience of this problem.

I have this week used an EE USB router on an installation to enable me to keep a check on it and save return visits. It all works, but I am unable to access remote console.

Then yesterday I visit another customer who changed to EE for his main house router a year ago and he has not been able to access remote console since them.

So just checking around other accounts, the systems that are using EE are unable to use remote console.

In the past, I have used the EE mini routers on a USB and they worked fine with remote console. Now it seems something has changed.

Does anyone have any way around this problem please??

All other functions are fine, just the Remote Console.

Thanks Chris

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@offgridsystems

Stating the obious but just checking you have 'Enable on VRM' turned on?

Are you trying to access the remote console locally though VRM or VE.Connect or remotly though VRM?

1703240253500.png

1703240253500.png (56.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offgridsystems avatar image offgridsystems commented ·
Thanks Jason.. Yes, this is switched on. Its a favourite one to forget ;)
1 Like 1 ·
vward avatar image
vward answered ·

EE have a forum, you might ask there? And is it their mobile network or their Fibre? Their Mobile network has lots of odd stuff disabled, like VOIP. https://community.ee.co.uk/

1 comment
2 |3000

offgridsystems avatar image offgridsystems commented ·
Thanks Vward. I'll check that one out. Its odd that remote console has stopped working on most EE connections
0 Likes 0 ·
iand avatar image
iand answered ·

If the router has a firewall, check the settings. When I installed my new router (NR5103E, EE SIM) VRM worked but the remote console didn't, when I checked in router settings the firewall was set to "enhanced security" or something similar. I turned this down to "reduced security" and remote console worked.

2 |3000