Venus OS Image

Venus OS

Grid Meter nicht angeschlossen (meldet sich ab) - Auto Neustart möglich? NodeRed?

Hallo,

Bei meinem Multi 2 5000GX melden sich ab und an der Grid-Meter EM24 und ET112 ab.
Da dadurch keine Informationen zum Stromverbrauch kommen, regelt der Fronius ab und die Batterie wird nicht geladen.
Ist es irgendwie einen Automatischen Neustart anzustoßen? Vielleicht über NodeRed.

Beide Geräte sind mit einem USB Y Kabel am GX angeschlossen.

der-neue asked
der-neue answered ·

6 Answers

(Non Victron hosted) Node-RED connecting to Victron VRM

Is it possible? I have an Node-RED running at home on an Raspberry PI and I would like to connect to my sailing yacht's via VRM...

[image]

[image]

I manage to install the Victron-node into my NodeRED but I cant configure...

[image]

the large option installs an NodeRed on VRM... but this isn't what I am looking for.

tomas-sailing asked

0 Answers

Feature Request: "Virtual Switch" for Venus OS - solved with Node-red

Hello,

the virtual switch in the MultiPlus is a very useful and powerful tool. I'm wondering if this would also be possible to integrate in VenusOS similar to scheduled charging.

Some independent examples:

- Turn Multi off at 10:00 PM. Turn Multi on at 6:00 AM

- Switch critical loads on for 2h every 48h OR if Battery SOC is >90% AND PV Power is >100W

- Don't turn Multiplus on sundays

- Use Multiplus Charger only between 10:00PM and 06:00AM (probably because Energy is cheaper then)

- Switch Solar Charger off when DC-Loads were <5W for more than 24h (don't know why) and VE.Bus state is off

- Set Absorption-Voltage to 14,2V if Battery-SOC hasn't fallen below 90% for more than 72h

- Set Absorption-Voltage to 14,7V if Battery-SOC has fallen below 60%

- Ignore temperature and turn off compensation if voltage is above/under example-voltage

- Limit Output to 500W as soon as SOC reached <60% and AC-In is connected.

- Stop Discharging if PV-Power is lower than 200W for 1h and SOC has fallen under X%

- DON'T limit charge current if loads are higher than X

- Switch 230V to 220V on overload

and so on ..

regards,

Porcini

porcini asked
zl2fae answered ·

6 Answers

Node-RED config files

Hi all, in one of the recent v2.90 betas we changed the setup of config files a bit. Goal of that change is to be better prepared for any future requirements

In this post I’m explaining how it now works, which is in v2.90 official release and onwards.

Warning: the vast majority of systems using (the amazing power of-) Node-RED will not and (should not !!) have to modify anything described here. Venus OS itself, including Venus OS large and Node-RED, is made such that its not necessary to dive into the command line.

Anyone that does go in and change them needs to be prepared for things going wrong, for example after a firmware update. The information here provided is for the benefit of the handful of users that do need (or want) to change them; and to put it bluntly: know what they are doing and are prepared to spent hours and hours fixing issues without getting any help.

On startup of Node-RED on Venus reads three settings files:

1. /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/venus-settings.js is read first. Never change this file as it will be overwritten by a Venus OS update.

2. /data/home/nodered/.node-red/settings-venus.js is used to override and/or extend the first file and will survive Venus OS updates. Do not edit this file as this is for Victron to use.

3. /data/home/nodered/.node-red/settings-user.js is used to override and/or extend the second file and will survive Venus OS updates. You are allowed to edit this file if you please, but don't be too surprised if that causes Node-RED to break after an upgrade.

There are more configuration files in /data/home/nodered/.node-red/. You might not have all of them on your system or even some more if you installed one or more of our candidate releases.

- flows.json - This is the flowFile, which is used to store your flows. You can also export this file from the Node-RED menu.

- flows_cred.json - If your flows contain credentials/login information, these get stored in this file.

- .config.* - These files are for Node-RED to store its settings.

For more information on configuring Node-RED, you might want to take a look at https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/runtime/configuration.

Above information will be added to the Venus OS large manual. In case of any things or issues, perhaps you can then help each other here.

Have a good weekend, and fingers crossed for v2.90 official release in coming week! Matthijs

mvader (Victron Energy) asked
pcurtis edited ·

2 Answers

Two Multiplus II in series

[image]

I am working on installing a Multiplus II 48/5000 at my home, where I already have an on-grid photovoltaic inverter SMA Sunny Boy 4kW and I have some questions I haven't found answers anywhere:

1. Is it possible to install two Multiplus II inverters in series (one of them connected to the other critical loads output) with non-shared batteries? How should I configure them? That would enable me to add a new Multiplus II in the future with another new battery on grid-parallel mode connected to first Multiplus II critical loads output.

1.1 If 1. question is possible, should I configure second one to not exporting to grid? Or first one could use frequency shifting (or similar) to control how much energy could export the second one?

1.2 Continuation of 1.1 question. Would be possible to have SMA Sunny Boy 4kW connected to the same critical loads output than second Multiplus II, having both controlled by frequency shifting? Or that is not possible as maximum power would exceed Multiplus II maximum power?

It appears a similar configuration could be done by using CerboGX large firmware, to be able to use Node-red to control some inputs:
- first Multiplus II critical loads frequency (could be updated depending on first Multiplus II is able to receive more power from critical loads or it cannot accept many more
- first Multiplus II AC In grid status (availabe/not available)
And to be able to control some things:
- second Multiplus II power exportation limit, being configure to 0 power exporattion into second Multiplus II if grid on first Multiplus II is disconnected

I've seen some other questions about similar solutions, but they were trying to control batteries load between two Multiplus II at the same time at the same battery load. I'm not interested on that. What I'm looking for is to:
1. If second Multiplus II (with AC In connected to first Multiplus II critical loads AC OUT) has batteries fully loaded, then it will share power with the other one if the other requires it; if the other doesn't require it and external grid is connected, power could be exported to grid; and if the other doesn't require it and external grid is disconnected, 0 power export should be configured into second Multiplus II
2. If first Multiplus II (connected to grid and with second Multiplus II connected to it's critical loads AC OUT) has batteries fully loaded, if second Multiplus II requires power, first Multiplus II can provide that power as if it were coming from real grid

tcircuns asked
anomalie edited ·

1 Answer

Restart only Node Red

What command i need to restart only Node Red?

x90cr asked
Stefanie answered ·

1 Answer

Firmware update and large image from SD/USB on Cerbo GX (without internet)

Hello you all

I have been working on the Cerbo GX pretty much the last days and also playing around with Node Red, which I have to say, offers a lot of possibilities if you dont need to get your hands dirty with Modbus Communication, anyways ... I wonder if it is possible to update the firmware and install the large image in a Cerbo GX with an SD/USB stick because in some places I dont have internet access and for being honest, I havent found the way of doing it without using "Online Updates".

Thanks a lot !

faberj asked
electrical-revolution answered ·

1 Answer

Node Red set SOC to Keep batteries charged during weather warnings like Storm Watch

Hi has anyone of you already built a Storm Watch like feature with Node Red?

Unfortunately, I have no experience with it yet. But will try to implement this and would be happy about any help.

mryoshii asked

0 Answers

Push Data from NodeRed to Venus GX Device on same system?

Hello,

is there a possibility to put data from the same NodeRed installation to the Venus GX device (maybe to dbus)?

I've created a http-request in a NodeRed flow to an external URL and I want to show parts of the json-result on the GX Device Screen

itsme asked
itsme edited ·

0 Answers

Generator Node

[image]

[image]

Hi

This is in Autostart mode.

When I set up a node to find out why gen starts (Condition that startet the gen), I only get to report the number 1, manual.

Does anyone else use this for something, get a different status?

In the picture it started on SOC but it does not come up.

update:I see it at first, but then it disappears very quickly.

update2: Since it is in manual, it looks like it does not stop as it should

(the tank gauge is not connected yet)

With best regards

Per-Marius

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/18889/share/90968aa1

permariusteigen asked
permariusteigen answered ·

1 Answer

Add Relays - Does anyone have a an ‘idiots guide' on how to add more Relays to a VenusPi set up?

I’m only semi-computer literate - everything is trial and error and cut and paste and hours of google research… If the details include what software should be used and exactly what to type then I can usually muddle my way through. But when it comes to ‘just add a few lines of code in the xxx” I’m completely lost.

I have managed to burn an image to a sd card and install Venus Pi v2.60 large image on to a raspberryPi 3.

I have 1 Victron mppt 75/15 connected successfully to it vie ve-direct usb cable.

I have successfully got node-red running (and can even see it all via VRM Portal - including node-red which is amazing).

I’m still at beginnings of how node red works but can see its potential.

So far so good

But I’d really like to add more than 1 relay so I can control multiple external devices (like pumps, irrigation valves etc) and also control them through node red.

I’ve read the comments and half guides for adding extra relays - but they are incomplete or presume you know how to do certain un-explained steps. So I'm completely lost.

So - anyone have a step by step guide to add relays ? (and I’m on a Mac so Mac instructions would be great!)

Thanks in advance for all the amazing guides so far - and for the missing bits I hope someone will write soon…

thomas-g asked
Rob Duthie commented ·

4 Answers

How to access GPIO Pins in Node Red on Venus Raspi 3

Hello

i have installed the large image of venus with Node Red included. everything works as it should.

i have 5 relays i want to control, but i do not want to do it on the Venus UI, instead i want to listen on the local MQTT Server and if the value true comes in i want to turn the relay on.

My Relais are on the PINS (7,11,13,19,26)

Does anybody knows how to access them in node red?

The standard Raspberry Pi Nodes arent working

[image]

[image]

bo0om asked
mcbain edited ·

4 Answers

Update interval of Victron input node in Node-RED flow

Hello guys,

I am using simple Node-RED flow with input node (reading state of Cerbo GX discrete input) and output node (changing ESS settings). Problem is, that update interval of the input node is 5 seconds according to description on the Victron github page in part "Event based scheduling" (https://github.com/victronenergy/node-red-contrib-victron/wiki/Example-Flows).

Is it possible to change this standard update interval for example to 1 or 2 seconds?

motylu asked
motylu commented ·

3 Answers

Node-Red address changes https :1881

Strange thing happen today... I tried to view the Dashboard on my regular http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1880/ui but received an error message in the browser. After some thought and a bit of internet surfing I found I could access everything by https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1881/ui and https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1881 .

I've changed nothing!

Anyone else had this happen?

xsilvergs asked
xsilvergs commented ·

1 Answer

idea
151 Posts
558 Users
28 Followers

Topic Experts

Stefanie
730 Points