question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~35 available for testing

Good day everyone!

Yesterday evening, we made v2.60~35 available for testing. It contains only one small change.

Closing in - we're getting to the end now. All GUI changes are currently being translated, and if all goes well we could even end up releasing v2.60 already next week.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

In case you're new to the v2.60 beta test series, please make sure to read the previous v2.60 posts, listed below. There are several significant improvements in v2.60. The highlights are the addition of a feed-in limit, added ethernet-connected energy meters, updates on the NMEA2000-feature (addition of tanks, and Solar chargers), as well as many other improvements with regards to tank monitoring.

What to test & how to report?

The updated Marine MFD HTML5 App still needs testing. Especially on different size MFDs, ipads, phones & system configurations.

Also the user interface improvements around NMEA2000-out & VE.Can/N2K Device Instance configuration would be good if they are tested. Lots of improvements and changes in v2.60, and the most recent change (in v2.60~33 iirc) was the automatic numbering of the N2K data instances for tank levels; see below for details.

If you see issues, please post a new "answer" below; or in case the same issues is already mentioned, then comment on that to say you see it too; or help, and so forth. Please do mention the Venus OS version you have installed; just to prevent confusion.

Change log v2.60~35

Have a good day,

Matthijs Vader

Venus OS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

niek-h avatar image niek-h commented Ā·

Hallo,

Gisteren nieuwe multi 2 geplaatst, de 48/5000/70. Daarvoor de 3000 gehad.

Problemen :

- sinds SW versie 31 lezing energy meter geregeld vast(waardes kloppen niet en alleen na reset Venus even goed,daarna weer fout, alle versies na 31 doen dit.)Dit was zowel met de vorige multi als de nieuwe

- Na instal multi leek alles goed te gaan,tests gedraaid, setting file ingevuld en weer geupload,etc,alleen zoals gezegd weer foute lezingen,daarna ben ik wat heen en weer aan het schuiven geweest om te kijken of ik dit kan oplossen met een andere sw. Helaas niet het geval.

- Na bovenstaand, gisteravond ineens mn multi in Passtrough,geen idee hoe dit komt,lijkt wel door zn opstart cyclus heen te gaan, contactors klikken en geven geen foutmelding of wat dan ook.

- Systeem niet te gebruiken nu, hoop dat iemand kan helpen

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ niek-h commented Ā·

Hi Niek, ik zou om te beginnen zorgen dat de installatie goed is: terug naar de laatste officiƫle firmware, v2.57. Ipv een test versie.

En dan zorgen dat alles werkt. In de ESS handleiding in de FAQ staat heel gedetailleerd wat te doen bij Passthrough.

En dan als er meer hulp nodig is: nieuwe vraag maken in het normale gedeelte van community (niet modifications). Of via je dealer.

en dan als het allemaal goed werkt terug naar een beta firmware.

Ik hoop dat dat helpt, succes! Matthijs

0 Likes 0 Ā·
niek-h avatar image niek-h mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hallo Matthijs,

Reeds heen en weer naar gewone software, mocht niet baten.

Hier de melding gemaakt vanwege de andere issues, die aanwezig zijn.

Zal mij nog eens gaan verdiepen in de ESS manual.

Niek

0 Likes 0 Ā·
5 Answers
jsmvanwyk avatar image
jsmvanwyk answered Ā·

Good day

I have found the following issue. I was on 2.60~33 and on 2.60~34 and found that remote Veconfigure was giving me a

Error Message: 'MK2 communication error'

Error: mk2vsc-30

error message. I went back to 2.57 official release and then remote Veconfigure could donwload again. I've now tried 2.60~35 and again have remote Veconfig problem. I've rebooted back to 2.57 and it works again. So it appears in the last few versions maybe this problem appeared?

Kind regards

Marius van Wyk

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Marius, thank you for reporting! we'll contact you be email to look further into it.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
jsmvanwyk avatar image jsmvanwyk mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

My pleasure and no problem, will await your mail.

Regards

Marius

0 Likes 0 Ā·
maha avatar image maha commented Ā·

Hello!

I have the same problem:

Best regards

Manfred

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1596024053041.png (6.1 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ maha commented Ā·

Hi, just to note it here as well: the mk2-vsc remote veconfigure errors have been fixed in a later v2.60 beta release.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Daniel avatar image
Daniel answered Ā·

Can't even upload data to VRM anymore since I got a kernel panic. It says unknown error in vrm tab. So I can't even update to the 2.6.35

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Daniel, yes I noticed your post the other day. You're on a raspberrypi. But rather than discussing it here, I hope someone can help you: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/56218/kernel-panic-system-restored-still-no-data-alarm.html.

I'm sorry that I cannot help you myself or offer more help from Victron - but we can't go and help in detail with raspberrypis and copying over settings and so forth. I hope you understand.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nick-a avatar image
nick-a answered Ā·
2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Nick_A, noted, we'll look into it.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nick-a avatar image nick-a mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

@Matthijs, Bedankt!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered Ā·

Hey Matthijs,

In the 2.60~14 you mentioned that the ADC drivers would be available with the Raspberry Pi but you stated we needed to use opkg:

Raspberrypi: add dbus-adc as an optional package. Note that it requires some commandline configuration since it requires a valid dbus-adc.conf, while rpis don't (normally) have ADCs. Since its optional, one will need to install it using "opkg" - and don''t forget to set a feed when doing that.

Do you have a feed we can use to get this driver package? I'm trying to streamline my rc.local file to make sure I have the latest version of the driver but I couldn't find it in any of the ROCKO feeds.

Thanks!

Matt

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi Matt, that would be the candidate feed for now.

so something like:

/opt/victron/swupdate-scrupts/set-feed.sh candidate

opkg update

Opkg install x y z

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nebulight avatar image nebulight mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

I guess my question is what should I put for X Y Z to install the ADC driver?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ nebulight commented Ā·

Hi, I think its dbus-adc

but opkg also has a list feature, try and ā€œgrepā€ that for adc or for analog or analogue.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
niek-h avatar image
niek-h answered Ā·

Hoi. Passtru opgelost met een update.

De stall issue met watts van energy meter lijken opgelost met laatste .37 update

thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Hoi Niek, dat is fijn om te horen - en mooi dat het weer werkt.

dank voor de terugkoppeling.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources