question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~31 available for testing

Good evening everyone,

Just now, we made v2.60~31 available for testing.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

In case you're new to the v2.60 beta test series, please make sure to read the previous v2.60 posts, listed below. There are several significant improvements in v2.60. The highlights are the addition of a feed-in limit, added ethernet-connected energy meters, updates on the NMEA2000-feature (addition of tanks, and Solar chargers), as well as many other improvements with regards to tank monitoring.

I am, immer and still-, aware that above list now amounts to a lot of reading and clicking back and forth: I've started on making an all in one change log - quite the list. And will share it here as soon as its finished.

What to test & how to report?

The updated Marine MFD HTML5 App need testing. Especially on different size MFDs & system configurations.

Also the user interface improvements around NMEA2000-out & VE.Can/N2K Device Instance configuration would be good if they are tested. New in this release is automatic numbering of the N2K data instances for tank levels; see below for details.

If you see issues, please post a new "answer" below; or in case the same issues is already mentioned, then comment on that to say you see it too; or help, and so forth. Please do mention the Venus OS version you have installed; just to prevent confusion.

Change log v2.60~31

• NMEA-2000 out function: The default data instances for tank levels are now numbered from 0 upwards; each tank has its own data instance. Instead of all set to 0. Which fixes the requirement to set that by hand (which requires an Actisense USB interface) when used on Raymarine and Maretron displays. The assigned data instance is the same as the default for the device instance - which was already numbered individually. Manually changing the data instance (using an Actisense) is still possible, its just the default that has changed.
    Note that this new feature only works on GX devices where NMEA-2000 out is first enabled while running v2.60~ 31 or later: when already enabled in an earlier version of v2.60 development, then the data instances are already set each 0, changing as per instructions here. Note that having those data instances unique is only relevant for some Marine MFDs: Navico/B&G/Simrad/Lowrance does not need unique data instances. Neither does Garmin. But Raymarine does, and probably Maretron needs unique data instances as well.
    On a related note, we have recently tested each display in detail with regards to N2K interoperability with the GX NMEA-2000 feature, and documented the results in new NMEA2000 chapters on the individual pages: Navico, Garmin and Raymarine. Another remark on this: when using multiple GX devices (Cerbos most likely) to have more Than 4 tank inputs, you still do have to modify the data instances by hand (for Raymarine & Maretron), as theyā€™ll be 0 to 3 for each Cerbo in the system. More about that in this prelim. documentation.
  • Fix Cerbo GX VRM Portal ID issues that happened on some Cerbos. For details read the v2.57 blogpost.
  • More layout improvements on the Marinfe MFD HTML5 App.
  • Stability improvements on the EM24 ethernet driver

Thats it for this version - all the best,

Matthijs Vader

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
girbar avatar image
girbar answered Ā·

V2.60 ~ 33 is now available but there is nothing on the forum.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @Girbar, oops - I see. I'll work on a post asap.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
chuff avatar image
chuff answered Ā·

Hi, some correction to do in the digital input alarm on the venus os (sorry if it is not here to do request: i have connected the relay alarm of the Battery Balancer to one digital input of the venus GX. When the battery balancer power on during the day (following charge process of the charger), the battery balancer start with a power on stage where the alam relay come on for 1s. In this case the venus OS detect the alarm and send a false notification on the console screen.

My idea is to add a "confirm delay" in the digital alarm notification that use can parameter thru the gui. That could be also use globally for all type of alarm to avoid detection of false alam...

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @chuff yes I can see how that would be a nice extra feature for the digital inputs - weā€™ll keep it in mind for future improvements.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources