Just now we have released beta version v2.60~3 for testing. This is the first time we make v2.60 available for testing. More versions will follow, there are still changes being completed.
The main improvement is that v2.60 adds a new energy meter, one that connects over Ethernet; making installs a lot simpler in houses with a network connection, typically the router, near the main distribution board. For a complete list of changes, see below.
What to test?
Well all of below changes of course, but in particular these three functionalities need testing to make sure there are no regressions:
- that tank monitoring on a Venus GX
- that PV Inverter monitoring, especially Fronius PV Inverters
- Generator start/stop, since we changed how that feature obtains its battery monitor data. Details here.
For those wondering what about v2.50: that version number is reserved for putting the new Cerbo GX into production.
Best regards, Matthijs.
ps. If you don't know what this post is about: this is about our GX Product range, and this post is aimed at all the members of the Beta test group. Information on how to join (and leave) that group.
Changelog (since v2.42)
- Added support for the Carlo Gavazzi EM24-DIN.AV2.3.X.E1.X.
- Fix Victron App icon blinking on Navico displays.
PV Inverter support:
- Scanning is more efficient, for all types, but especially for Fronius PV Inverters
- A bug in relation to Fronius PV Inverters was fixed that caused the system to read 0W output now and then, while the actual power was higher. This issue caused downward spikes in graphs on VRM, but could also affect the Fronius Zero feed-in functionality: all works better now.
- More stability & performance improvements
- Generator start/stop: improve how it gets battery monitor data; details here.
- Increase spead of Remote VEConfigure with a factor of 2 to 3.
- Fix bug in tank level reading on the Venus GX (and the Cerbo GX): on startup it didn't always immediately read the correct level, now it does. And many more stability and code improvements.
- Fix bug causing the first time enabling of Remote Console on LAN not to work always on a CCGX.
- Add bluetooth menu containing enable/disable as well as option to change the pin code (only shows on hardware with working bluetooth)
- Fix that the time, for example in scheduled charging, could not be set above 23:00 hours on a few time zones.
- Move the VRM Two Way communication setting to the VRM Portal menu
- Show the link-local IP Address
- Improve Remote Support by implementing load balancing
- Increase the sharpness of Remote Console on LAN, by fixing a bug that caused it to scale slightly. Same bug has been fixed on Remote Console on VRM a few weeks ago.
- Replace several icons in the gui by SVGs, so they are sharp on higher resolution devices such as the Cerbo GX.
- Change the name of the CAN-bus services (in Settings -> Services) so that they match the wording of the comm. port on the product. More clear than the CAN-bus (1) and CAN-bus (2) naming.
- Make the "Grid meter installed" switch on the ESS menu work as expected: when a grid meter is available, it would be used even if the switch was off. This was confusing. Now, disabling that setting always makes the system use just the inverter/charger, and disregard any connected energy meter configured as grid meter.
- Fix Error #48 showing in a demo mode.
- Hide the Battery Details menu for battery (monitor) types that do no support that data.
I'll complete this list later, my editor broke down and I have to go. Once updated, I'll make a comment below. My apologies!