question

ehspill avatar image
ehspill asked

Looking for old Doc "VE - Interfacing with the Phoenix Product Range”.

Hey,

im looking for an old doc regarding interfacing with old VE.9Bit Devices

It is referenced in an stil lavailable document about interfacing with an mk2 adapter

https://www.sv-zanshin.com/r/manuals/victron-interfacing-mk2-protocol-3.12.pdf

For communicating with older (VE 9-bit RS485) products, refer to “VE - Interfacing with the Phoenix Product Range”.

i know old devices can not communicate with venus but i also know old devices can talk to the current victron config 3 app through an mk2 adapter talking ve.9bit.

i have an old multi around where i can configure and connect trough the current victron config 3 app with an mk2.2b usb to serial adapter (for communication handling see the linked pdf chapter 3.4.

with the old doc i hope to get more insight about the communication to create an open source driver for venus integration in combination with an mk2 adapter.

any help/info is greatly appreciated, victron won't supply the old doc sadly.

if anybody could send me the doc i would be very thankful -

mail: victron@allthingscitrix.com

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus OSVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
helge-1 avatar image
helge-1 answered ·

Looking for the same document.. Let me know if you find it anywhere!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I Have "Interfacing with VE.Bus products – MK2 Protocol" which may cover what you are looking for.Interfacing-with-VE-Bus-products-MK2-Protocol-3.12.pdf

I've currently got a Mk2 and a VE direct plugged into a pi to monitor my Solar system, the Pi also runs the BMS, Modbus server and Web server for the user interface.

2 |3000

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Also found https://github.com/izak/ib.victron which is a python lib for the Mk2.

2 |3000