question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~15 available for testing

Good afternoon all,

A new version available, v2.60~15 this time. It mostly fixes issues raised since the previous version. For details, see below change list.

With regards to the planning, not much has changed: we are still working to finish a few last features, and after that we'll need to test & field-test this update of quite a while to make sure all works as it should.

In case you haven't read the previous changelogs, please do read them. There are quite some significant improvements in v2.60. The highlights are the addition of a feed-in limit, added ethernet-connected energy meters, updates on the NMEA2000-feature (addition of tanks), as well as many other improvements with regards to tank monitoring.

Change log v2.60~15

• Fix issue in the Analog inputs settings. They got lost when updating from v2.53 to v2.60. Not anymore. Thank you @Kai Curry & @Alan Peng for reporting.
  • Fix issue in the PV Inverter settings
  • ModbusTCP: fix missing change in the grid alarm registers. Now, the register has changed from 830 to 64, to match its new location in the VE.Bus section of registers. Earlier in v2.60 development, also the unit-id was changed. A breaking change that requires customers that use this register to update their ModbusTCP configuration, we know, and don't like it either - but saw no sensible other solution.

Note that there is one known issue of v2.60~15: the new Ethernet-connected energy meters can't be configured; this will be fixed in the next version.

More reported issues in v2.60~15 are still being- and/or will be looked into.

Best regards, Matthijs Vader

Ps. If you don't know what this post is about: this is about our GX Product range (CCGX, Venus GX, Cerbo GX, and so forth). This message is for all the members of the Beta test group. Information on how to join (and leave) that group.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered Ā·

Hello all. v2.60~15 (unfortunately) has an issue with its settings. Either for all of you, or only some. We're working on a fix and expect to have a new build ready today or tomorrow.

all the best, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy) Matthijs,

is there a reason why custom names for temperature sensors don't show up in the device list (and in VRM)?

edit: Got it. Not implemented yet, but is on the list. The answer is here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/47236/venus-os-v26014-available-for-testing.html

And for your info: I can't confirm the other mentioned problems here in the thread regarding VRM, remote console or I/O settings for my Pi and Cerbo.

2 |3000

koro avatar image
koro answered Ā·

Hi, IĀ“ve just updated to v 2.60-15. Since then IĀ“ve no access to the remote console. I can see the vrm portal, I can logging in to the portal where I can see the dashboard an the advanced button. but the remote console seems to bee gone or it is disappeared. The problem is, that this Installation is about 100 km away from my home.

Has anybody an idea why?

Greetings

Klaus

1 comment
2 |3000

mike-lynch avatar image mike-lynch commented Ā·

Hi,

Loading this firmware has disabled "Remote Console on VRM", Two Way Communication" and "Remote Support" on installation.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
wrietveld avatar image
wrietveld answered Ā·

After upgrading from v 2.60~14 to ~15, all analog inputs are enabled and also AC input 1 reverted to "Not available"

I entered the correct settings and rebooted in order to get rid of the inputs on the front page. After a reboot, the analog input are enabled again and AC input 1 is back to "Not available".

1 comment
2 |3000

wrietveld avatar image wrietveld commented Ā·

Also Services\ModBus TCP got disabled and when it gets enabled again, it doesn't remember its settings after a reboot.

Also DVCC settings are disabled after upgrade / reboot.

I reverted back to backup firmware v2.60~14 and issues disappear (settings are saved between reboots). After doing a fresh upgrade to ~15 again, issues come back.

I went ahead and tested ~15 on many more VenusGX devices and it seems that this behavior is only visible on one single device...

0 Likes 0 Ā·
bottemlesspits avatar image
bottemlesspits answered Ā·

Venus OS v2.60~15 minor bugs noted on CCGX after update

Custom names in device list get reset to Defaults

General >Factory defaults

Firmware

- updates set to check only for latest release

Date & Time >Factory defaults

Remote Console >Factory defaults

System setup

- AC Inputs Not available

DVCC >Factory defaults

Display & language >Factory defaults

VRM online portal >Factory defaults

ESS >Factory defaults

-Multiphase Regulation Not available need to set

- AC pv inverter default to feed back?

Energy meters ??

PV inverters ??

Wireless Sensors ??

Modbus TCP devices ??

Ethernet + Unaffected

Wi-Fi +Unaffected

GSM modem ??

GPS ??

Generator Start/stop ??

Tank pump ??

Relay >Factory defaults

Services >Factory defaults

After configuring settings they stay as set might just be a upgrade issue?

* ?? not sure don't use these settings on my sites

Greetings

Matthys

2 |3000

Related Resources