question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~19 available for testing

Good afternoon all,

A new beta test version available: v2.60~19. It has multiple bug fixes, and completes our work on GPS-es: Venus OS can now read GPS data from an NMEA2000 network, a nice improvement.

In case you haven't already, make sure to read the posts of the previous v2.60 beta test versions. There are several significant improvements in v2.60. The highlights are the addition of a feed-in limit, added ethernet-connected energy meters, updates on the NMEA2000-feature (addition of tanks), as well as many other improvements with regards to tank monitoring.

Change log v2.60~17, 18 and 19

• Add reading GPS from NMEA2000. This changes Venus OS from handling only one GPS to (potentially) reading data from multiple GPS-es. All available (USB & NMEA2000) GPS-es are visible in the "Settings -> GPS" menu. And for the location as sent to VRM, as well as the icons in the GUI, it picks one with a valid position fix.
  • Fix bug that (in very specific circumstances) caused Assistants to not be updated with a new version when using Remote VEConfigure. This bug has been in in Venus OS quite a long time.
  • Fix bug in VE.Bus communication causing #3 and #4 to occur. This bug was introduced during v2.60 development, and now fixed. Thank you Mike L. for reporting.
  • Fix bug in CAN-bus frames handling - whilst for 29bit canbus only, the code also accepted 11 bit canbus frames, which in rare instances lead to ACL responses when using in a mixed environment (11 bit devices & 29bit on the same network). This bug has been in the code since all of Venus OS.
  • ModbusTCP: add register 2706, for the (new in v2.60) maximum feed-in power setting
  • Fix bug causing the Starter voltage reading to appear and disappear continuously with a SmartShunt or BMV. Thank you Lucian for reporting.

Note that there still is the same known issue: the new Ethernet-connected energy meters can't be configured; this will be fixed soon.

Other reported issues in v2.60 testing are still being- and/or will be looked into.

Best regards,

Matthijs Vader

Ps. If you don't know what this post is about: this is about our GX Product range (CCGX, Venus GX, Cerbo GX, and so forth). This message is for all the members of the Beta test group. Information on how to join (and leave) that group.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered Ā·

When using v2.60~19 there is an issue with the 'starter voltage' incorrectly appearing in the BMV menu when 'mid-point voltage' is the configured aux usage.

When I revert back to v2.60~16 the issue disappears.

I see "Fix bug causing the Starter voltage reading to appear and disappear continuously with a SmartShunt or BMV. Thank you Lucian for reporting." in the change log - however with my system the issue did not exist in v2.60~16 and now does now with v2.60~19...

1588662881649.png (38.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Thanks Mark, weā€™ll check what goes wrong there

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Mark avatar image Mark ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

No problem.

FYI I just noticed that the same issue also exists in the VRM battery summary widget.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1588728100730.png (14.8 KiB)
1588728271740.png (14.6 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Mark ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

found & fixed for next test version. Thanks @Mark

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered Ā·

Just to confirm....

1.. you canā€™t turn off the mppt for maintenance purposes...

2...you canā€™t turn on bmv backlit display...

via victron connect, Iā€™ve reported this back thru the beta feedback ...version 5.21 (4)

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @Mark I'm missing the context I think. Is this when using VictronConnect Remote features?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Mark avatar image Mark mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Mathias,

the same issue persists,if using VictronConnect App locally over Bluetooth,....... or through the victron connect remote features.

regards

0 Likes 0 Ā·
teemischer avatar image
teemischer answered Ā·

in this release (19) the canbus usb adapter does not work anymore, so it can't detect my pylontech battery. I manually tried to reconfigure (instructions here: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/RaspberryPi-CAN-Interfaces ) but no success. Going back to ~16 fixes the issue for me.

To help with troubleshooting:

- good: usb driver loads successfully

- strange: CAN interface only receives frames after a command "ip link set can0 up type can bitrate 500000"

- good: candump can0 successfully shows received frames from battery

- bad: Victron Console does not recognize the battery, does not see CAN devices

I am sure my config is okay as I used 1:1 the same one from the v16 backup, files were restored after firmware upgrade because they were lost.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @teemischer, thanks - though unfortunately I don't know what the issue could be. Since its raspberrypi, its community supported. You or someone else from community will have to dive in a little bit deeper. For example:

- is the can-bus-bms driver running OK?

- does replacing that can-bus-bms binary with the one from a previous Venus OS version fix it?

- check the log of that driver.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Eero Silfverberg avatar image
Eero Silfverberg answered Ā·

Hi, noticed that I can't change the AC Input 1 or 2 (Settings->System setup) to Generator or Shore power, only available options are Not available and Grid. All four options are visible but all of them can not be selected.

/data/conf/settings.xml has these lines:

<AcInput1 type="i" min="0" max="1" default="0" silent="False">1</AcInput1>
<AcInput2 type="i" min="0" max="1" default="0" silent="False">0</AcInput2>

But when I revert the version to v2.53 the same lines look like this

<AcInput1 type="i" default="1" silent="False">1</AcInput1>
<AcInput2 type="i" default="2" silent="False">0</AcInput2>

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Eero Silfverberg thank you for reporting this. Issue found and we'll release the fix in the next test version.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
n-dee avatar image
n-dee answered Ā·

Although we have Battery and it is never empty these days, we buy about 750w of power per day.
Are there plans to improve the grid connected operation (more speed to reach grid setpoint)?

4 comments
2 |3000

Not in the near future; no.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
n-dee avatar image n-dee mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Any possibility to set these timings somwhere in the code on my own?
I'm using cerbo which has more computing power.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ n-dee commented Ā·

not really, most if the limitations are in exchange of messages between inverter/charger, energy meter and the gx device.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
n-dee avatar image n-dee mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

oh what a pity :-( well lets hope the best for the future.
maybe you can add it to the "wishlist" :-)
thanks.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Eddy avatar image
Eddy answered Ā·

Hello Matthijes, hello community,

my system (Cerbo) has updated to v2.60~21 and now I have a blank remote console on any device (mac, iPhone & Cerbo monitor). But all other things work. It communicates the same way as before and the "Advanced" screen shows me all informations like before.

Any Ideas how to proceed?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Adam

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi Adam, yes sorry. We had a version with an issue in the candidate feed for a few hours today.

Its replaced by ~22 now. That fixes that.

is the Cerbo configured for automatic updates? In that case, reboot it, and after approx five minutes it will check for- and install the update.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Eddy avatar image Eddy mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Sadly not configured for automatic update. And that seems to be my problem. Iā€˜ve read in the manual, that even for an USB update, the remote console is necessary.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Eddy commented Ā·

Fixed through Remote Support! Your system is now running v2.60~22 - see other post for changes.

Thanks for participating in the test program.

And, my apologies again. That bug should not have slipped through our quality checking of release candidates.

best, Matthijs

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Eddy avatar image Eddy mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Fantastic! Thank you so much for this awesome support. I love your products. :-)

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources