MQTT Image

MQTT

Problem W/.../settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/MaxChargepower /MaxChargePercentage not working

Hi All,

I have a Multiplus, working in Mode 1 and I can not prevent it from charging.

- I set the values for W/.../settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/MaxChargepowerW/.../settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/MaxChargepower and /MaxChargePercentage with Node-Red over MQTT.

- The Cebro accepts the values and I can read it with N/... .

- But it does not use the value, battery is charging till SOC-Limit is reached.

I am disappointed, because /MaxDischargePower and /MaxDischargePercentage are working properly. I can set the value and battery discharges like I need.

Has anybody a hint for me. Why the system works this way?

Thank you and best regards

Carsten

Hallo Leute,

ich betreibe einen Multiplus im Mode 1 und kann das Laden nicht begrenzen/unterbinden.

- Ich setze die Werte für W/.../settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/MaxChargepowerW/.../settings/0/Settings/CGwacs/MaxChargepower und /MaxChargePercentage über Node-Red mit MQTT.

- Sie werden auch angenommen, ich kann sie mit N/... lesen.

- Aber sie werden einfach nicht beachtet... Der Akku lädt fröhlich weiter bis zum SOC-Limit

Das komische daran ist, dass die Steuerung von /MaxDischargePower und /MaxDischargePercentage gar kein Problem sind... sie werden angenommen und beachtet.

Kann mir jemand einen Tipp geben, woran das liegen könnte?

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße

Carsten

carstenj asked
carstenj edited ·

0 Answers

idea

Controlling an openEVSE electric vehicle charger using Node-Red and MQTT

This is not so much a question but more of offering what I have created to others in the community. I have been using the Node-Red add-on in Venus OS v2.70~5-large-18 to control my openEVSE car charger via MQTT. It maximises the available power from the PV array to charge the car. When there isn't enough power it will use what is stored in my BYD batteries and when they're depleted it uses the mains. It is now stable enough that I have placed the json file and a brief explanation on GitHub (https://github.com/thepaulcooper/victron-openEVSE).

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in JavaScript or Node-Red so I am sure there are more effective ways of coding what I have created. But it works and I am now charging my car from the sun.

paulcooper asked
paulcooper edited ·

2 Answers

Will an upgrade from v2.70~5-large-18 to v2.90-large go smoothly?

I've been running Node-Red on my MultiPlus-II GX for over a year without any issues. I use it to manage my EV charger and hot water heating (using MQTT) based upon the available power from my PV and battery. It just works so I have not upgrade since v2.70~5-large-18! I have been waiting for the full release of v2.90-large so that I am no longer running with 'experimental' or beta code. As it seems imminent I am wondering whether there be any issues when I do the upgrade? What should I be checking? I will of course backup my NR flows before making the upgrade but will I need to do much in terms of making adjustments for the updated Victron nodes? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

paulcooper asked

0 Answers

Expected traffic to the mqtt{1 to 128}.victronenergy.com server farm?

I am running Venus-large and have a fairly extensive Node-Red flow consisting of about 100 nodes. My router is reporting a permanent TCP/IP session with one of the mqtt{1 to 128}.victronenergy.com servers with constant traffic of just over 10 kbit/s upload and just under 1 kbit/s download. This seems high to me but maybe it's because of my 100-node flow. Is this level of traffic to be expected?

paulcooper asked
paulcooper answered ·

1 Answer

Control MultiPlus II via MQTT

Would it be possible to control a MultiPlus II via MQTT ?

What I'm thinking is to disconnect the mains in relay off between 16:00 - 19:00 this would be because on the Octopus Agile tariff here in the UK is the very expensive period. During this period my house would run from batteries via the inverter in the MultiPlus II. The control would come from Node-red.

myozone asked
homestorage-77 commented ·

6 Answers

mqtt Energy Meter for 600/5 CT

Can any one advise if there is a Energy Meter available that accepts the 5A secondary for larger CT ratios 600/5 that could publish real time kw out every 1 or 2 seconds in the form of an mqtt publish.

I would like to read this value into a Venus running Node Red which is 100m away from the Energy Meter.

markus-001 asked

0 Answers

how to use mqtt with node red ?

Hello,

I can't communicate with the multiplus via mqtt and node-red

RPI 192.168.1.2 mqtt broker and node red module 'victron energy' installed,
error message : unable to acces the service endpoint : I do not understand why

do i need to set up something else?

Multiplus 2 GX with root, 192.168.1.5, mqtt and dbus enabled,

I added this configuration on the GX:

/etc/dbus-1/system.conf 
<listen>tcp:host=0.0.0.0,port=78</listen>