question

petaramesh avatar image
petaramesh asked

Bug : VRM displays erroneous amps / watts for SmartBattery Sense

Hello,
When VRM gets a Smart Battery sense status info from a GlobalLink 520, it displays "2097.15 Amps" and "26969.35 W", where the Smart Battery Sense has no amps measure, so these meaninglessse values make no sense.
They should not display at all.

bug reportSmart Battery Sensevrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@petaramesh

Correct me if I am wrong here.

I agree the Smart battery sense it quite literally not an amp reader. It does voltage and temperature.

But a smart battery sense is not on the BLE compatibility list for the global link.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petaramesh avatar image
petaramesh answered ·

Hello Alexandra,
Well, the GlobalLink 520 sees the Smart Battery Sense and transmits its values, and VRM displays them, which is exactly what I want, so that's fine with me.
Only this non-existent amperage display is plain wrong (and I would assume that the displayed values correspond to the advertised N/A values by the BatterySense, as documented in Victron BLE protocol...)
But the voltage and temps are accurate, and I do need them :)

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Interesting.

But since it isn't a supported item per say, (possibly for this reason) I would some oddities are to be expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Noted, we’ll look at this. (No timeline though!)

Thank you for reporting

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual