question

mechguy avatar image
mechguy asked

Smart Battery Sense Removal to New Battery

Can a Smart Battery Sense device be easily removed from a battery and reattached to a new battery? I am contemplating buying a Smart Battery Sense device but my batteries only have a year or two before needing to be replaced. Just wondering if the adhesive is so strong that the device is trashed on battery replacement or if the device can be pulled off and restuck to a new battery?

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

It's not too tough to remove usually, a little bit of heat and a thin plastic scraper to pry it up, but more a matter of getting it to re-adhere to a new battery using the same adhesive thermal pad; anytime I'm needing to relocate an SBS I like to have a replacement thermal pad handy.

I've found 3M 8815 or 8810 in 40mm x 40mm to be perfect, though it's impossible to find just one square of that size for sale - sometimes you can find a square of it in 80mm x 80mm though, usually from specialty electronics supply stores like Arrow or DigiKey.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mechguy avatar image
mechguy answered ·

Perfect, thanks.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual