question

johnantoniocollins avatar image
johnantoniocollins asked

VRM alarm on missing device or sensor?

I recently had an issue where the bvm-712 temperature/voltage/power wire fuse holder was loose. It stopped conducting electricity. VRM happily continued to report the last known numbers with no notice whatsoever that the bvm was no longer with us. This was after the battery was topped up during the day so I didn't notice at first. Eventually I scrolled down on my phone and noticed "no data to display" on the graph. I also went into the console and saw the bvm listed and labeled as "not connected".

The VenusOS device and the VRM both know that something is missing, and what that missing thing is. I looked at every item in the alarm lists for the Venus device and the bvm but nothing looks like it will do what I'm looking for. Have I missed anything? How can I set up an alarm for that condition without using additional hardware and building a work-around sensor?

The system consists of:

VenusOS on RaspberryPi, powered by the system

bvm-712

3rd party internet hotspot, powered by the system

3rd party 48v battery (Eco-Worthy 50ah 'stackable')

3rd party all-in-one scc/inverter/charger (EG4 3000, rarely connected to shore/grid power)

VRMalarmexternal device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @john.antonio.collins,

This is a feature request we are aware of and looking into, but it might be some time before anything is ready.

My advice to someone else who asked for something similar as a work around until there is an official feature is that it should be possible to make an alarm/notification script using Node-Red.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources