question

Christian Lindermann avatar image
Christian Lindermann asked

Cerbo GX - Ruuvi Tag Low Battery Alarm

Hi, I'm currently receiving minute-by-minute alarms because two of my Ruuvi tags have reached a low battery level.
Even if the information is useful, it is annoying because it always activates the display and remains active.
New batteries are not immediately available either.
How do I get these alarms disabled? I can't find any setting for this.
Thank you!

cerbo gxalarmruuvi sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nutterguy avatar image
nutterguy answered ·

I'm seeing the same thing in colder weather I'm getting a spam of alarms and resets for one of my RuuviTag sensors.

I cannot find a way to disable this without disabling all of the standard alarms. I've tried setting up a rule for the tag to not alarm, but I don't think this has worked. :(

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I recently had this myself and my solution was to remove the battery from the Ruuvi and buy replacement CR2477 from eBay and Amazon.

I Agree the alarm should be able to be “ignored” after a single notification and will pass it along, but no promises there for a quick outcome, not as easy as you might think given the generic “alarm” handing framework of the GX.

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Same complaint here. Touch 70 is adjacent to the kid's bunks in the RV and it shines all night because of the low battery. These batteries are not readily available when travelling.

2 |3000

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

At the moment the we do have an hysterisis of 0.1 volt built in, which should only re-trigger the alarm if the voltage rises 0.1 volt over the voltage limit and then drops under it again. But apparently the battery voltage has more variation. Or something else is going wrong. Either way, we'll look into this.

2 |3000

Related Resources