question

ranno-magi avatar image
ranno-magi asked

BMS v2 with batteryprotect and dc/dc chargers

Hello!

I am planning to control battery protect and two orion dc/dc chargers from BMS v2 load disconnect output. I could not find any diagram from victron library regarding to planned installation. I know how to do it based on a relay but can it be achieved in any other way?

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

It would be basically a combination of 4.2 (with the BatteryProtect) and 4.4 (with the DC-DC). Keeping in mind that the DC-DC chargers should be being controlled by the charge disconnect port, not the load disconnect port (unless their input is from your Victron Smart LFP bank).

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Bus_BMS_V2/en/system-examples.html#UUID-1fbde7e4-f09f-27c0-51aa-74f277741974

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ranno-magi avatar image ranno-magi commented ·
Yes, the LFP bank is the source for DC/DC chargers thatswhy they are controlled from the load disconnect of BMS. Sry I didnt specify that before. But now I made it on the relay, it is the safest way to control multiple different equipment from one and only BMS output port.

E.g we had to control 5pc`s of DC/DC converters from bms(load side)48/24 and 48/12, so

they were provided with tr-tr orion remote cables and connected all in parallel, eventually all 5 converters burned down. Funny thing is they worked day and a half before giving up.

0 Likes 0 ·