ac out 2 Image

ac out 2

node-red controlling ac-out-2 on multiplus II ESS

In the venus large installation guide ( https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large ), it states for Multiplus II "Includes alarm relays as well as the AC-out 2 relay: its not possible to control those; and there is no plan to make them controllable from within Node-RED."

Is it still the case that AC-out-2 relay is not controllable and is not planned to be controllable? If so, is there a technical limitation to this, or what is the reason? Will it definitely never be supported, or is it merely "not yet" supported?

I use AC-out-2 on my Multiplus II for non-essentials, and currently it is turned off as soon as the grid input on AC-in fails. I know there are meant to be ways to change that default AC-out-2 behaviour using assistants, but it looks a bit daunting to edit those. If Node-RED supported being able to set AC-out-2, it looks like it could then be fairly simple (compared to the assistants) to allow it to provide power to non-essentials while SoC of batteries is above a certain level.

gyrovague asked
mvader (Victron Energy) commented ·

3 Answers

Followers

Followers

1 Post
57 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.