question

tijntert avatar image
tijntert asked

Niks nada noppuss

Omdat er vreemden verzoeken tot toegang op m'n VRM, is dit verwijderd...

Omdat ik niet niet weet, hoe&waarom, worden al m'n postings verwijderd en zal bij de volgende wat beter opletten wat er allemaal zichtbaar is...

Niks nada noppuss

Multiplus-IIEnergy MeterAC PV Couplingac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Tijntert

Just a few follow up queries that might help folk spot the issue.

How do you know the PV is showing as AC load? Just to confirm is the pV inverter being monitored via an energy meter? If so has it been classified as a PV inverter.

If it's not monitored via an energy meter how is it connect to gx device?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Sorry @Tijntert I noticed the energy meters but you didnt mention if they were monitoring PV or something else.

Also the PV doesn't match exactly to AC Loads hence the question of how do you know that's definitely the cause. Apologies if that seemed like a daft question

So just to clarify the setup you've got 2 PV inverters on separate ET112s, one is wired on ACIN (grid side) and the other on ACOUT1 side (critical load side) and then grid is being monitored using EM540? Is that correct.

If so are the energy meter settings corresponding to that correctly in the gx device?

ie in your screenshots from gx device if you select the energy meter is role correctly set to PV Invereter and the position correct on both ET112's? And then is EM540 setting set to Grid meter.

ALso please describe what phases each device is running on. I noticed you've got PV doing out on L3, but load on L1. What phase is the multiplus on? Could this be part of the cause? ANd what is multiphase regulation set to in ESS settings

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Tijntert

So just to clarify PV grid side is on L3, then victron is L2 (with inverter on ACOUT side).

But then there's nothing on L1?

Even though the EM540 is reporting loads on L1?

Can you confirm the EM540 is definitely seeing a load (when PV is on) ie unplug meter from gx device and access the EM540 on it's own RS485 to USB adapter on a computer using Carlo gavazzi UCS.

If it is seeing loads on L1, then there's either a load you're not aware of or the meter is faulty.

However if the EM540 in the Carlo software is not seeing any values when the PV is on but when you plug back into gx device they are showing up then my next guess is that the EM112 data is conflicting with EM540.

To fix this I would first try just changing the id/address of one of the meter in the Carlo gavazzi USC software (I imagine they're both set to 1. try changing one of the meters to 2 which might resolve the conflict).

Reboot the gx after this change and see if that solves the issue (you may need to reassign roles/position in gx settings after this).

If that fails my next question would be how are the meters connected to the GX device, do they have their own RS485 to usb connections? If not I'd maybe do that to make sure they're all on separate adapters.

If all that fails then im out of ideas sorry.

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

@Tijntert

That is odd. So you have 3 rs485 to usb connections. One for each meter?

If so that probably rules out it being any weird rs485 data conflict issue ie grid meter 1 conflicting with pv meter.

Does the loads work under normal conditions. ie if you turn on something on L1 do you see ac loads go up? Is it definitely just when pv is producing that it misbehaves

The system is behaving as it should by balancing the overall grid usage to 0. As noted here

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/multiphase-regulation---further-information.html

However I didn't think it would show up as an AC load I thought it would just balance it by saying its flowing into battery. Maybe worth checking it using a ct clamp meter.

Get a ct clamp meter on L1 and see if there's any load.

Assuming you've tried a reboot just incase that sorts it

2 |3000