question

meden01 avatar image
meden01 asked

What is "AC load" in an ESS config with 3phases with critical loads connected only?

Hi,

I am running an ESS config with 3x MP2 5k and SmartSolar 450/200 inc LiIon battery pack 22 kWh.

All running fine so far, but I don't know what means AC Loads, because all loads (whole house) are connected as critical loads, nothing before the MP2s. Any idea?ac-loads.png

stromlauflplan.png

ess settingsac
ac-loads.png (484.2 KiB)
stromlauflplan.png (258.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

That is for loads in front of/parallel to the inverter, measured via a meter. The inverter backfeeds to supply them.

If you don't have any, untick the "has AC loads" option under the meter selection in ESS settings on the GX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

meden01 avatar image
meden01 answered ·

thanks for your fast response, however this would be great, but I couldn`t find the „has AC loads“ option, „AC-Output enabled“ removes my „critical loads“ output and shows AC loads only.

Other option is the energy-meter options in ESS menu as shown in the screenshot, where AC meter or Netmeter ca be selected, none of the with the „has AC loads“ option

img-0488.jpeg

Could you send me a screenshot of this setting please?

img-0488.jpeg (130.2 KiB)
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

My bad, mixed wording with DC loads. Need more coffee :)

See the image:

screenshot-2023-11-05-at-150738.png

Disable inverter AC output in use.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic