question

jarek656 avatar image
jarek656 asked

Bigger current transformer

Hi Everyone,
I have project on 3 phase site, it will be for 3x 15kVA Multiplus II in pharalel connection. The problem is main income has a lot bigger cable than supported CT 100A/50mA from victron. Can I use any other current transformers with the same ratio?

Multiplus-II3 phasemultiplus in parallelmultiple invertersinput current
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

james97 avatar image james97 commented ·

I hope someone is able to provide feedback for this. My application also requires a current transformer that can accept a larger diameter wire, but only a few millimeters larger than what the existing CT can fit. Is there anything larger that will work?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Farnell stock a wide range of CTs and I have found Magnelab tech support very helpful in the past.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria answered ·

I’d like to know this information too. Just got a VM-3P75CT and the clamps won’t fit thr 14mm cables that come into my main panel.

1 comment
2 |3000

Ryan Botha avatar image Ryan Botha commented ·

According to VM 3P75CT documentation, you can replace CT with new ones although they won't be calibrated(Note in image below). I suspect Victron is therefore able to calibrate new CT's with a larger diameter to the existing VM 3P75CT. Some clarification on this will be helpful.

capture.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.jpg (54.8 KiB)
canitan avatar image
canitan answered ·

I really need a solution that can handle 200 amp so I can monitor the mains and prevent feedback in my ESS System. A 100/200 amp mains is common for USA.

2 |3000