auto gen start Image

auto gen start

This topic has been merged into auto gen start . Please use auto gen start when editing or creating new content.

ignore generator auto start, when shore power is connected

Finally I will install my auto start/stop panel of my generator.

And now I would like to use the functionalities of the CCGX!

But how to ignore the the auto start, when shorepower is connected to AC2?

harold asked
harold answered ·

4 Answers

Onan Auto Gen Start with CCGX

So i have read what i can find on Victron's website about setting up the Auto gen start via the CCGX relays. I have an Onan that operates via a mom/off/mom(Start/off/Stop) switch. I saw the $80-$100 time delay relays that they reference and i understand their design but is there a better option for way to make the generator start and stop through the CCGX?

johnathanhall asked
bf-mining commented ·

5 Answers

Generator start/stop wiring

Hey,

I'm trying to configure the auto-start/stop for my generator using a Cerbo GX.

The Generator starts with a (very common) 3-wire ATS plug. I've run a 12V +ve and -ve from a battery and spliced to my communication cable as directed here.

[image]

The start/stop relay on the Cerbo is 3-wire (NC, NO, COM). Does anyone know how the ATS wiring and the Victron relay wiring marry up? I can't find any documentation online.

Cheers

tom-galletti asked
tom-galletti answered ·

1 Answer

Kohler 7.5 Quattro Cerbo GX With Load Sensing Gen Start

My genset is controlled "start/stop" by sensing the presence or absence of a load on the line. It also has a two wire start/stop. The two wire will not stop the genset if there's a load present. My question is, will the Quattro AC IN-1 contactor open and close as necessary for my genset when programmed with the gen start/stop features in the Quattro or Cerbo GX or do I need to add a external contactor?

Thank you

burnscraft asked
JohnC commented ·

3 Answers

Start/Stop Generator Control for Hyundai HY3500RVi

Hi

I have a Hyundai HY3500RVi generator which I would like to auto start/stop from a Cerbo GX, the manual for the generator doesn't give any clues and Hyundai UK tech support are not able to help.

Does anyone else use this generator and can control the start/stop via Victron system relays? Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks.

notmyrealname asked
notmyrealname answered ·

2 Answers

Warm-Up and Cool Down with Automatic Generator Start (AGS)?

I have a Color GX and a couple of Quattros. AGS works well now with my generator, but I'd like to include a warm-up and cool-down period.

For example, once the generator is started, I'd like the Quattros to wait for 5 minutes before applying a load to the generator. When the generator is going to shut down, I'd like the load to be removed 5 minutes before the generator is shut down.

Is this possible with programming? I'd like to not have to use timer relays to accomplish this and instead do with programming. Someone in a previous post mentioned the use of assistants. Thanks!

chrispendl asked
chrispendl answered ·

5 Answers

Generator Auto Start Feature Request

I have routinely been using the Battery SOC as the trigger to start and stop my generator, and it works great, with one issue. As a long term off grid system that is a hybrid of generator and solar, the system can go several cycles without synchronizing the SOC function of the battery monitor. This has only a minor effect on the generator start function, but it can have a significant effect on exactly when the generator shuts down.

It would be great if there was an option to shut down the generator based on the tail current into the batteries. At a constant absorption voltage, this will result in a more consistent REAL battery SOC at the end of the generator run cycle than relying on the battery monitor which might be out of synchronization.

billknny asked

0 Answers

E-starter Generator linked to Cerbo GX

Hi there,

I'd like to instal a generator that could run automatically when needed on my solar installation (420W panels, mppt 100/30, AGM gel 265Ah, Cerbo GX). My issue: I see only super expensive 4Kwh machines. Does anyone know a reliable brand with a 2Kwh product that could cost less than 4000€?

Many Thanks

denis70 asked
denis70 answered ·

6 Answers

Canbus Enabled generators

A lot of generators now are starting to come with Canbus enabled controllers, for instance the DSE4520.

Will you be extending your canbus generator abilities past the Fischer Panda?

If you made it compatible with the DSE you would cover a lot of gensets as many brands utilise this genset controller.

alan asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

generator for automatic Start and Stop
Has anyone connected a MASE Marine IS 5.0 generator for automatic Start and Stop with Raspberry Pi with Venus OS? Can you tell me connection diagram, thanks

gs1200adv asked
trevor-bird answered ·

2 Answers

Cerbo Gx or CCGX Auto Gen Start for Onan QG 4000

I have ordered a 2021 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 26T and it comes with the Onan QG 4000. It does have a remote switch in the coach to turn on the generator.

I would like a wiring diagram to both the CCGX and to the new Cerbo GX. I am looking at the Cerbo/ Touch GX combination as an alternative to the CCGX. Ultimately I will go the direction of which one serves my purposes better and works easier with the Onan Auto Gen Start.

I will be using all Victron components:

150/100 MPPT VE. Can Solar Charger

10x95 Zamp Solar Panels

4x200ah Smart Lithium Batteries

Victron Battery Monitor

Either the 12/3000 Multi-plus Inverter charger or the 12/5000 Quatro

I am also looking at adding the SeaLevel II tank monitoring system. (if I go the Cerbo GX route I would like to use in in connection to this system using the NMEA2k connection)

This would all be connected to either the CCGX or the Cerbo/Touch GX.

Please advise on the wiring diagram for both and what parts are necessary to make this work. I will want to have the generator start and stop based on the state of charge parameters I set as well as time blocks during quite hours.

Thank you for anyone who can help me sort this all out.

duffer41 asked
jwfrary answered ·

2 Answers

Onan Generator Autostart w MPPT 100/50 & Multiplus 120/3000/50

Hi, hoping to get some help some others who have done this. I have researched the topic intensively and found some good literature on programming but the overall setup is still a bit complicated for me to grasp completely. I would like to put together a YouTube video to help others....assuming I get this put together correctly in my Fuzion Toy Hauler.

So I an running the Mulitplus 12/3000/120 with a BMV712 battery monitor and VE.direct dongle along with a MPPT 100/50 and VE.bus dongle. I have a 660 watt solar array and 660ah lead acid battery bank.

One thing that is not totally clear if I really need to buy a VENUS GX to make this a bit more user friendly. I am trying to avoid that as it is another fairly expensive module add-on. Happy using my Android w existing BT dongles for real-time monitoring display, too. So I would like to AVOID using a Venus if possible.

I am looking to wire and program everything to fire up my generator at a 50% discharge of batteries. My Onan 5000w generator also ideally needs to prime itself for 15-20 secs then fire-up. But the generator needs to see no load for the initial 30 sec period of engine warm-up and then ideally shut off with a 30 sec warm-down period once batteries are detected to be fully charged.

What is lacking on the internet more than anything else is a good write-up from start to finish which includes a wiring diagram and those details.

If I can get help from others, I promise to do a good quality YouTube on this using my coach to make this a bit easier for future Victron nerds. Lol!

customfab asked
customfab answered ·

2 Answers

Followers

14 Posts
13 Users
1 Follower

Topic Experts

harold
1 Points