question

notmyrealname avatar image
notmyrealname asked

Start/Stop Generator Control for Hyundai HY3500RVi

Hi

I have a Hyundai HY3500RVi generator which I would like to auto start/stop from a Cerbo GX, the manual for the generator doesn't give any clues and Hyundai UK tech support are not able to help.

Does anyone else use this generator and can control the start/stop via Victron system relays? Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks.

cerbo gxGeneratorauto gen start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Would you have any specific details on the LCM remote for this generator? You would be looking for a 2 terminal start option...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

notmyrealname avatar image
notmyrealname answered ·

Hi Mike

Start/stop control is via a remote panel which is connected to the generator by a USB cable. I've opened the generator casing to see if the are any obvious ways to trigger start/stop from a relay (e.g. from the GX) and there is nothing other than lots of electronics with labeling in Korean :-(

This generator does not have an external start/stop trigger option as standard and unfortunately I can't see a way of hacking one.

2 |3000