question

chrispendl avatar image
chrispendl asked

Warm-Up and Cool Down with Automatic Generator Start (AGS)?

I have a Color GX and a couple of Quattros. AGS works well now with my generator, but I'd like to include a warm-up and cool-down period.

For example, once the generator is started, I'd like the Quattros to wait for 5 minutes before applying a load to the generator. When the generator is going to shut down, I'd like the load to be removed 5 minutes before the generator is shut down.

Is this possible with programming? I'd like to not have to use timer relays to accomplish this and instead do with programming. Someone in a previous post mentioned the use of assistants. Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Controlauto gen start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello @chrispendl,

@Mark has Answered how this could be done here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

natebert avatar image
natebert answered ·

This is a highly desirable feature request.
I would want to be able to use the Generator Stop/Start feature from the GX (not the inverter/charger )that includes a warm-up delay and/or an adjustable & gradual current limit increase.

2 |3000

cookinwitdiesel avatar image
cookinwitdiesel answered ·

The inverter/chargers will slam the generator with 100% charging load right away, this can often cause the generator to sputter and cut out which can cause issues with the start logic, better control on either ramping up the input current limit or building in a warm-up delay would be fantastic. All of the needed pieces are there, just need the logic to put it together.

2 |3000

jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Hi,

there’s also some genset controllers out there that are relatively inexpensive that offer this kind of functionality, I’m using a deep sea electronics DSE3110 which works very well and I think was 65 plus vat. It’s programmable by usb and very customisable.

2 |3000

chrispendl avatar image
chrispendl answered ·

This was working great, then one of the Quattros broke and we lost the relays. We can get the warm up to work, but can get the cool down to work. Here screenshots of the programming. What are we missing? Thanks!

screen-shot-2021-06-21-at-110246-am.png

2 |3000