fault Image

fault

Easysolar 48v / 5000/ 70 Charge problems

I have a 3 year old Easysolar 48v 5000/ 70a system with 3 Pylontech US2000C batteries and a backup generator as a full off grid system.

i have a fault where the batteries would get stuck charging at 88% and then clear after a few hours and charge fully, this problem has now got worse and they get stuck in the 60s and and around 73%, if they clear that they get stuck a 88%and will not pass this level

i know there is more solar available as when i put load on the system the pv charger increases dramatically .

the system also shows a constant charging of 439w regardless and this does not change.

i have added 2 photos one with load and no load to show the differences.

[image]

[image]

i would be very greatful for and help or ideas

oli-shelley asked
Alexandra answered ·

6 Answers

Error code #200 on MPPT RS450/100

I just had an alarm via VRM that the newly installed MPPT RS450/100 which has been operating perfectly for a few days is now not charging the battery and is showing the following error:

Solar Charger - MPPT 450/100 HQ2142HTVCQ [277] Automatic monitoring Error code: #200 - Internal error

The rest of the system is working fine although my customer has persistent bleeping from the unit.

Brief overview of system:

Quattro 10000

Pylontech US3000C x 7 modules

Cerbo GX

MPPT RS 450/100

3.4kw of PV in two strings

[image]

Can the fault be addressed remotely, will it need a visit or is it a warranty claim?

Any advice gratefully received as I cannot find this error code listed elsewhere

Regards

Nick

nickjenkey asked
hermann-helders answered ·

2 Answers

Multiplus-ii GX fault (Mains disconnected)

When we have load shedding the inverter kicks in automatically. When the power comes on again the inverter gives a fault and says AC Disconnected. if you switch the inverter off and back on the inverter works again.

gert-grove asked
nickdb answered ·

1 Answer

250/100 earth fault monitoring

Hi, Has Victron sorted an option for the earth fault monitoring of a mppt 250/100 ?

Assuming it would send a signal to a GX device for an email/alarm alert, or close the relay on smart versions, to be able to trigger an audible alarm?

Any options appreciated.

Cheers

eyrere asked
eyrere edited ·

0 Answers

Faulty Cerbo GX devices

Faulty Cerbo GX devices

Is anyone aware of a manufacturing defect affecting a recent batch of Cerbo GX devices, especially when used on 48V systems?

We have 2 separate customers, who have both reported 2 failures each, of Cerbo GX units when attempting to power them up from the 48V DC bus. The inline fuses remain intact, and the polarity is correct. One user reported hearing a 'pop' from the upper right corner of the unit, when they connected the power lead.

Ideas?

jamesstubberfield asked
baxter answered ·

7 Answers

150/70 Smart Solar alternating Absorption and Float led flashing

Not flashing simultaneously, but alternating. No explanation in manual. Two questions that I could find on here with no real answer posted.

Setting up trailer with full Victron system. Have been running MultiPlus for a month or so with no problems, running Venus on raspberry Pi. Just today got first solar panels installed on roof and wired in to 150/70 Smart Solar. Worked great for half the day, until I connected with Bluetooth through my phone on the connect app. Connected fine, then prompted to do firmware update, so proceeded. It updated fine, then seconds later prompted for another firmware update. This one will last a range of 2% completion to as high as 86%. Eventually I give up and go look at the MPPT and find the lights flashing alternately. I look in the manual, no explanation. I measure the voltage with multimeter, 56 volts coming from the panels (sun was going down by this point), 12.3v on output. Not charging, obviously.

I did updates on the 5 other 100/30 Smart Solar in the install, and they go just fine.

Anyone able to help?

rijzebol asked
rijzebol answered ·

2 Answers

Orion TR Smart 12/12 18a - says its charging, no current.

Hi There,

I have an Orion TR Smart 12/12 18a (Isolated) which I believe may be faulty.

1. The voltage at the input is 13.8v
  2. The voltage at the output is 13.2v which is true to the battery
  3. The charger says it is on bulk mode however there are no amps going to the battery (BMV712 confirms this)
  4. I also tested the device on Power Supply mode and it was producing enough volts to turn the display on but the fridge compressor would not start. It was reading 9.6v at the output terminals

Actions I've taken to remedy it

1. Checked all wiring and bypassed the shunt to confirm no issue there.
  2. Reset the device to the factory settings and set it up again (including the remote wire bridge)
  3. Used larger cables
  4. Tested the battery would charge via an MPPT and 240v supply
  5. I had the car running for 30 minutes to give it a chance to kick in ...

I believe I have exhausted all options however I thought I would put it out here to the brain's trust. The device is new to me so it's not a case of it was working for me before.

Here is the screen of the charger in Bulk Mode, reading the voltages correctly

[image]

This screen shows that the BMV smart shunt is showing no amps to the battery. Note the 0.00a under the SmartBMV line.,

[image]

My settings are below. I did try dropping the start voltage to 13.6 to see if it made a difference - no difference.

[image]

[image]

I'm assuming this unit is faulty ...

corbijn asked
corbijn commented ·

1 Answer

Error 35 450/100 mppt

Victron Quattro 10 with 30kw Dyness and 16kw solar PV through 3 X 450/100 rs mppts. Setup as ESS. Picking up error #35 alerts followed by a high voltage alarm within notifications. System shuts down and restarts after device list - quattro - switch to on ! Advanced shows no over voltage in the mppts including no over current. Altered the DVCC to 51v maximum hoping this helps but unsure as voltage on battery side spikes upwards of 55v during #35. Faults are occurring in the evening and battery at 100%

[image]

paul-ham asked
Alexandra commented ·

1 Answer

2V Battery Damage

[image]

Running 24V system with 12x 2V 1500ah Mastervolt traction gel batteries, all on their side. Batteries are connected via connector plates Inherited this ESS, it's located under the house on clay soil and some structural plywood. 100kg each, not surprisingly the ground has settled a bit over the last two years and the top two middle batteries have slid back. The terminal connection held strong and the plate/terminals have been pulled out a couple of centimeters.

Voltage on the other 10 are all reading fine and balanced, but the two damaged ones were less than 1V each. They've obviously discharged but haven't been able to charge up to the same level as the rest of the system. Now the system sits at about 26V with the sun on and balances out at about 20.5V. I've disconnected the two damaged batteries and there is no difference in the performance of the system.

The question: best way to fix? Seems like battery balancers (active) would take too long and likely mess the other batteries up. My current plan is to run a 20V system until the working 10 discharge down, reconnect damaged batteries and charge up, disconnect damage batteries and discharge the 10, on and on until the 2 damaged ones are back at an acceptable level.

Another idea was to try and trickle charge the 2 batteries separate to the rest of the system, but nothing in the market to charge 2V or 4V systems, and I'm worried that hooking up to a trickle charge solar panel would be more trouble than it's worth? Not going to move them out (it's very, very hard and inaccessible) but could get some looong wires from a small panel. Would monitor this rather than using an MPP controller.

Anybody with experience on this one?

Leon Keefer asked
snoobler commented ·

1 Answer

Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter 50A dead..ish

Just doing some work on a customer vehicle and updated Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter 50A and TSC Config to latest as customer was having flat starter battery issues. Now cant get it to charge second battery. Tried downgrading to TS Confid 2.2.0.0 but no different

[image]

and help would be appreciated

David Gould asked
David Gould edited ·

0 Answers

BSC Charger trips shore power GFI breaker
I'm looking for some troubleshooting ideas for Jaylee, our 2004 Mainship 430.
Like many, our marina is in the process of updating the electrical system to new pedestals with ground fault breakers.
Over the years, we've had lots of issues at other marinas with the GF breakers. Two years ago, we had the boat evaluated and they found and replaced our original galvanic isolator - the older models were known to "test" the system by crossing the ground and neutral (or similar). Once replaced with a newer unit, the electricians portable test GF unit no longer tripped.
On our next trip to Block Island Boat Basin (with GF breakers), we were OK for a few hours with everything running then the boat started tripping the breakers and we could NOT keep the power on nor isolate a circuit that was causing the issue. We were able to plug into one older pedestal without a GF breaker . . .
Tonight, we went to the boat to do some basic testing to see if we could keep the boat powered. I WAS able to find something interesting. When I powered the boat with our bow thruster battery charger OFF, the breaker did NOT trip. If I turned on that charger within the first 5 seconds or so of turning on the shore power breaker, it WOULD trip the breaker. If I wait a bit more (15 - 20 seconds), I could turn on that charger without tripping. Once the power stayed on, I did turn on virtually everything including the AC.
The charger is a Victron Energy BSC IP67 24/12. It is hard wired to the breaker and the only thing on that breaker. It was replaced last year so it's pretty new. Don't think it matters, but there is a dial type power selector switch near the charger (with just an on and off).
If it turns out that I can plug in with that breaker off and turn it on a minute later, I'm OK. I am concerned that based on history, the next time at the boat, I'll find something different - like I did on Block Island.
I'm trying to figure what to look for with this unit to hopefully fix the problem - if I can. As the unit is sealed, I'm not sure there is much I can do.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Gary

gharlam asked
Trevor Bird edited ·

1 Answer

Incorrect voltage displayed - Blue Smart Charger IP22 24V 16A

[image]

[image]

Interesting fault...

Output voltage is measuring correctly (with a multimeter) and charges with appropriate current, however the app indicates it's charging at around 18V and 16A (which I know to be false). Latest firmware and app. I've tried cycling power, reinstalling app, reducing output current to 8A, Power supply mode at both amp settings, all of the modes - nothing changes the displayed output voltage from around 18V. Any solutions?

[image]

Sean asked
Paul B answered ·

1 Answer

Testing AUX1 & AUX2 to identify faults - Multiplus II 5kVa GX 48v

Does anyone have a link to where I can find guidance on testing the Aux contacts on a Multiplus II GX unit? I have 2 non-operating Aux contacts. The only thing that has been connected is 2 Victron 40A CT sensors and after a firmware update the unit appeared not to be working to its full capability. No VRM graphic any longer for the PV and no working CT sensors.

Jason - UK asked
Jason - UK answered ·

1 Answer

SmartSolar 100/20 Load stuck on

I connected two small 300W inverters to the load output of my SmartSolar 100/20. These draw about 16A (8A each), and are working ok.

What is not working at all is the load output control. It is stuck on. I can’t turn it off by any means.

I unplugged the jumper - this allowed the state on the app to toggle between on/off, but the whole time there was output on the load terminals.

I tried setting Rx pin to remote on/off - no difference

Streetlights are turned off.

I’ve tried toggling between the other load output schemes, various restarts, etc.

The current/power measurement is also wrong - flickers between 0 and a small value like 4W, when in fact 600W are being drawn.

This post is remarkably similar: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/78878/victron-bluesolar-mppt-10020-load-output-is-always.html

So I’m wondering if these inverters could have fried the MOSFET that switches the load?

Quite disappointing if so - brand new charger fried. Seems like a protection diode would have kept the circuitry safe.

Is there anything else I could try before I return it to Amazon?

Thanks!

James B asked
klim8skeptic answered ·

1 Answer

Orion TR Smart 12/12-30a input voltage dropping to 6 volts

I have an Orion tr smart.

It's wired via dual 6mm cable to an Anderson plug on my Isuzu. Then is connected along with an MPPT to a lithium battery bank.

When I connect the DCDC tr smart, it turns on, the Bluetooth light starts flashing and I can connect to the unit.

It will come on to charge for a few seconds and then drop out, the input voltage drops to around 6 volts.

it will then go back up to 13.8v at input input and charges the bank.. then after a few seconds will drop down to 6 volts again... the cycle repeats.

Any help would be appreciated

UPDATE-

I have run a separate twin core cable directly connected to the battery in the car and straight into the Orion smart, therefore eliminating cable issues run in the van and car.. and still same problems.

Have bench tested the unit and seems to work ok.

I am wondering Would I need to add another earth from the car chassis to the negative bussbar in the van ? or is the twin core ok?

Cheers

Bruce Johnson asked
lloydy commented ·

6 Answers

47 Posts
47 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts