question

paros avatar image
paros asked

Ruuvitag motion sensor in VRM?

Can someone from Victron answer this question:

Can you make the motion sensor from the Ruuvitag visible in the VRM?

ruuvi sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
andres Hs1 avatar image
andres Hs1 answered ·

Hello, I have seen the Ruuvi accelerometer feeds in the CerboGX nodered feed. But I do not know how to push to signalK

If you figure it out let me know

Cheers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

When Ruuvi support was being added to Venus OS Victron posted that they would not be implementing the accelerometer, just humidity, temperature and battery voltage.

2 |3000

macjl avatar image
macjl answered ·

I made a recent pull request to signalk-venus-plugin, that now push accelerometer data to SignalK.
It’s not yet up-to-date in Venus OS Large, which provides an older version of this plugin, but I’m confident it will soon be integrated.

2 comments
2 |3000

lekrot avatar image lekrot commented ·

Do you know if you about Venus OS Large got this option yet?. (I have a cabin that is remote and has a solar panel on a tracker. Want to use the Ruvvi device to monitor that the solar tracker is working properly).

0 Likes 0 ·
macjl avatar image macjl lekrot commented ·

It is included in last Venus OS Beta v3.20~41.

0 Likes 0 ·
paros avatar image
paros answered ·

Perhaps Victron can evaluate the decision to now include Ruuvi accelerometer support?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic