question

harold avatar image
harold asked

Ruuvi tag sensor as Battery Temperature alarm

Now it is possible, I would like to set a Ruuvi tag temp sensor as alarm for my battery temperature.

As I have 2 x 230Ah lead acid batterys (24V), in 1 metal closed box, should I do:

• 2 sensors? 1 sensor on the top of each battery? or
  • 1 Sensor at the centre of inside of the metal lid?

Thanks for your advise!

CCGX Color Controlruuvi sensorsTemperature Alarm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Harold,

I don't think this is possible yet. The logical links for this feature are simply not there. And it's not yet possible via Node-RED either, since the corresponding nodes still lack the paths to link them.

edit: Sorry, I missed VRM Alarm rules. That's of course possible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I would have a sensor on each battery in order to measure the actual battery temperature.
Measuring the temperature of the lid would not be very useful.

Do you really want to be using wireless sensors for critical situations like this? Surely a proper wired sensor would be more reliable and does not need batteries to run it.

1 comment
2 |3000

harold avatar image harold commented ·
Your right, but the standard battery temp sensor and its algorithm will not do this, so I would like to add an extra safety, without all extra wired connections to my alarm panel etc ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered ·

As there are three options for the sensor: "Battery, fridge and generic", can the Ruuvi be used as temperature sensor for the batteries that the charger will benefit and adjust from?

2 |3000

boerdi avatar image
boerdi answered ·

@kurtinge This is possible now: Set the Tag to "Battery". Then you can set in DVCC the "Shared Temperature Sensor" to the Ruuvi Tag.

bildschirmfoto-2023-11-15-um-121304.png

bildschirmfoto-2023-11-15-um-121312.png

bildschirmfoto-2023-11-15-um-121240.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page