question

chrispi avatar image
chrispi asked

Need help with MQTT Broker/NodeRed, intergrating Electrodacus BMS via Dbus-serialbattery/MQTT

Hi all,

In process to integrate the SBMS into VenusOS/cerbo. It will be done via dbus-serialbattery from Louis and Manual (who is supporting it) via MQTT and Node Red

All setting adaptions on cerbo/Venus OS are done and SBMS are done:

1) on Venus OS updated all to latest release and installed Venus OS large

2) enabled node-Red, MQTT and superuser access

3) Venus OS has an integrated MQTT broker, ip of cerbo and port is 1883 for plaintext and 8883 for SSL.

4) enable MQTT client on SBMS connecting it to MQTT broker with iP of cerbo (in my case 192-168.8.138) with port 1883

5) installed dbus-serialbattery via SSH and Root access on cerbo

6) I have Node-Red jason file that runs correctly on another installation (and Electrodacus shows up on cerbo as JK BMS) but with the MQTT broker on its teutonik router while I use the internal MQTT broker of the venus OS. So I changed the IP-Adress from the teutonik router to the Ip adress of my cerbo, which is 192-168.8.138 with port 1883 and deployed it on node red.

But the BMS doesn't show up on the device list in cerbo, so whats the problem here?

I checked the dbus-serial is correctly installed, i get the config file and also modified that to 400A charge and 500A discharge.

I check with MQTT explorer that 192-168.8.138 with port 1883 is the MQTT broker of Venus OS, i get the output of the broker.

I assume I have a problem connecting the SBMS MQTT service (in jason) to the MQTT broker but how do i check?

if i deploy the jason file the SBMS input node shows connected but I don't get the values from the debug nodes.

What does that mean? is the SBMS output jason stream connected correctly to the victron MQTT broker?

the jason file i use can be find here: https://github.com/Louisvdw/dbus-serialbattery/discussions/556#discussioncomment-7983132

Thank you

Christian

Node-REDMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers