question

tashbee avatar image
tashbee asked

Node Red MQTT - Just says connecting

Hi

I am trying to get MQTT within node red from my Multiplus II GX working.

I have followed all the instruction the following post but it just says connecting. I have gone through the instructions a few times to be sure I have not made a mistake. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/174616/connect-to-cloud-vrm-mqtt-with-node-red.html

I have the port set @ 8883
I have the URL set at mqtt87.victronenergy.com
as per https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/155407/mqtt-local-via-mqtt-broker.html

One thing I noticed is that within the instructions I have not set anything under security.

I am sorry for the lack of detail in my question, but if anyone can point me in the right direction to work out why, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Tom

Node-REDMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gerard-van-seventer avatar image
gerard-van-seventer answered ·

If you are using node-red why not using mqtt from the Multi/GX itself?
You could use the cloudservice of course which really works if you follow the document but I always use the local broker, not only for reading data but also for (automatically) changing settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tashbee avatar image
tashbee answered ·

Thank you very much for the reply.

The one thing I want to do is extract some historical data and also the total solar generated for the day, so that i can compare real world to forecast.solar.

Getting MQTT to the VRM platform would be handy also for the future.

Thanks

Tom

2 |3000

gskalle avatar image
gskalle answered ·

Same problem here. No Node-Red connection to VRM. But when i use the Windows-MQTT-Explorer for testing i can establish a connection an see the mqtt-values. There must be something wrong with the node-red mqtt node.

Any ideas?

2 |3000