question

geoffr avatar image
geoffr asked

Monitoring non-Victron solar

I have two Genasun MPPT boost solar controllers (I really wish Victron had a boost solar!) which I would like to "monitor" within the Victron ecosystem. I know I can put a smart shunt between them and the battery and get the information I'm looking for (mainly the current they are supplying), but since they will output a maximum of ~10A a 65A shunt is overkill and $$. Are there any other solutions that will integrate with Victron that are smaller & cheaper? (I don't have a Cerbo right now, but will be getting one in the future...)

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kamflyer avatar image
kamflyer answered ·

As far as I know, a Smart Shunt or BMV running in Energy Monitor mode is about the only way.

I do this to monitor my 3 Blue Sky controllers and it works very well.

Smart Shunts are quite reasonable at just over $100 US

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

geoffr avatar image
geoffr answered ·

that's what I'll end up with if I can't find anything else (which is what I expect..)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic