question

john-ferree avatar image
john-ferree asked

Issues with bmv712 and midpoint monitoring

Hello I recently installed bmv twon an existing off grid Solar System period

 I set up the system with a midpoint moderating system period when the BMV went online.

The midpoint battery alarmed at 50% disparity. The midpoint attachments are to the positive on battery bank one. And to thepositive on battery bank two of the same twenty four volt system.

 My question is whether the wiring is correct.It was unclear based on based on the diagram with the instructions.

If it is incorrect where does the second monitor need to be attached?

Just for clarity, there are 4 , 6v batteries in each bank that are connected through jumpers at each end of the battery bank, with 2 leads 1 negative 1, positive going to the positive and negative bus bars.

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
delf67 avatar image
delf67 answered ·

For midpoint monitoring, you should have only 1 connection at the 12V point.

0V-[6V-cell 1]-[6V-cell 2]-midpoint 12V-[6V-cell 3]-[6V-cell 4]-24V

If you had a 50% deviation it sound like you were monitoring at the 6V point between cells 1 & 2.

The positive +B1 goes to the 24V

The positive +B2 goes to the 12V midpoint of the batteries. If you have 2 banks and are using midpoint monitoring, then you should join the midpoints of the 2 banks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic