question

skykay avatar image
skykay asked

VRM showing the error - Communication monitoring

Since 2 days I get the following message.

I can not access the vrm page.

Everthing is stuck.

When I reboot the cerbo gx everything is working again for app. 20 min, then comes same message again.

What can I do? I tried different firmware and the the setting reboot when no answer after 10 min. Nothing helped.

Do I have to make a reset? But there is no backup funktion. How do I get all settings back? (Internet and network is working fine) regards

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @skykay

Are you connecting your GX device to the internet with an ethernet cable?

If you are using a wifi connection, I would suggest trying to connect with ethernet instead and seeing if that resolves the issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

skykay avatar image
skykay answered ·

I used it over cable with no issue for several years. Now with the connection problem I tried wifi, but no change and after each reboot with wifi selected all wifi setting are gone including the wifi connection.

1 comment
2 |3000

Is it possible to try replacing the Ethernet cable?

Even with a temporary run to see if that helps the situation?

0 Likes 0 ·
skykay avatar image
skykay answered ·

I replaced the cable. No change. The cable does not explain the connection issues with wifi.

regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Connection issues with wifi are not that unusual, especially with the built in antennas.

Connection issues with Ethernet are unusual, that should be rock solid and stay connected for years without interruption.

Are you running any kind of firewall or other local network routing?

We recently had a case where someone was blocking “Einstein” which is how the Cerbo GX identifies itself without realising it;

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/237164/cerbo-gx-no-comms.html

0 Likes 0 ·
skykay avatar image
skykay answered ·

I deleted the system from vrm then I made a complete reset. Now it is working for one hour or so. I report tomorrow, if it is still working. Unfortunately all datas are lost. Victron should make it possible to do a backup.

2 |3000

Bert Hennephof avatar image
Bert Hennephof answered ·

I have identical problem.

Is the only solution to delete the system from VRM and complete reset?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Bert Hennephof,

No, that is not a recommended solution, and I think in most cases that will not even resolve the issue, even though it appeared to for Skykay.

Can you please post some more info to help diagnose it?

What is the VRM site url?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bert Hennephof avatar image Bert Hennephof Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Guy,

Since end December this error suddenly occurred. First once a day and then after a couple of hours. I was able to connect with remote console either from VRM or from Venus Wifi.

So I was able to reboot without deleting anything.

I have been debugging my wifi router (which was perfect), setting fixed IP, setting other DNS 1.1.1.1, but no improvement.

Only after connecting via ethernet cable the fault disappeared.

So it looks like the wifi of the EasySolar has suddenly hiccups, but only for the logging data. Further I was able to go through the menus in VRM and remote console...

0 Likes 0 ·
skykay avatar image
skykay answered ·

https://betavrm.victronenergy.com/installation/365219/dashboard

here is the link to the site

after the reset it is working fine again since oct.

regards

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic