hdmi Image

hdmi

Can I use HDMI splitters, extension cables, joiners, converters or extenders with the Cerbo GX?

Hello Community,

A very common question, perhaps the first question I hear,

Is it possible to extend, split, convert, double, use multiple GX Touch 50's or do anything fancy with the HDMI output of the Cerbo GX?

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) asked
grizlyadams commented ·

8 Answers

HDMI from Cerbo to Micro USB on Tablet

Has anyone tried running a stepdown HDMI to Micro USB cable from a Cerbo GX to a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 to display the Remote Consul . I know it can be done WiFi or Bluetooth but can it be done directly through a cable .

ako asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

HDMI Screen

Is there anything that can be plugged into the HDMI port on the Cerbo GX that would display either the VRM or the Remote Consul . I only need something that i can view what's happening situated near the equipment without the expense of a Victron Touch screen . I wondered about a kids TV that we bought our daughter many years ago which has a 5 inch screen and RCA inputs ( 1xVideo 1x Audio ) , my thoughts were to get a HDMI to RCA converter cable but don't know if it would work . I have tried plugging the Cerbo into a spare laptop HDMI to HDMI but i didn't see anything to suggest that laptop had any input from anywhere .

ako asked
ako answered ·

2 Answers

Cerbo GX HDMI power-save

I have a Cerbo GX connected to an Elecrow 5" HDMI Touchscreen Monitor through an HDMI switch which allows the display output to be switched between the GX and a couple of other systems.

The whole thing works pretty well except in this one respect.

I am able to configure the two non-VenusOS systems to power down the display a short time after user interaction dries up and power up again when the sleeping display is touched.

I have been wondering how to achieve this behaviour under VenusOS. I'm not even sure if this type of screen saving is implemented for the GX Touch 50 - I haven't played with one and the manual doesn't say - if it is then some digging might reveal a solution.

Any ideas or confirmation of GX Touch 50 behaviour would be much appreciated.

Paul Reeve asked

0 Answers

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Followers

Topic Experts

There are currently no experts identified for this topic. Can you answer questions in this topic area? Community members who provide answers that are marked as correct earn reputation and may become recognized as topic experts.