question

ako avatar image
ako asked

HDMI Screen

Is there anything that can be plugged into the HDMI port on the Cerbo GX that would display either the VRM or the Remote Consul . I only need something that i can view what's happening situated near the equipment without the expense of a Victron Touch screen . I wondered about a kids TV that we bought our daughter many years ago which has a 5 inch screen and RCA inputs ( 1xVideo 1x Audio ) , my thoughts were to get a HDMI to RCA converter cable but don't know if it would work . I have tried plugging the Cerbo into a spare laptop HDMI to HDMI but i didn't see anything to suggest that laptop had any input from anywhere .

hdmi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You can connect an HDMI television set to it or a computer monitor.
I doubt putting an HDMI signal up a laptop's HDMI port would suddenly turn the laptop screen into a display, that would not work unless the laptop has that as an option.
HDMI to RCA translators would be very hit and miss and the chances of them working well are usually reasonably slim.

The best thing to use is a device which accepts HDMI signals natively like a fairly modern television set or a computer monitor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ako avatar image
ako answered ·

opera-snapshot-2022-07-24-133853-wwwamazones.png20220724-131551.jpgThank you Wikiby but no one could be more surprised than me but it actually worked , a long unused kids TV/Video bought for our young daughter 18 years ago for $45 and a HDMI to RCA converter $8.50 and it worked with just the yellow plugs connected as if plug and play . The photo doesn't do it justice as screen light confused camera light meter but picture it crisp and clear and doesn't have the the lines shown in the photos , perfect for me to see how my system is performing when im pottering about in the garage .

20220724-131536.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic