question

rod.peel avatar image
rod.peel asked

Data download from Advanced page of VRM Portal Fails

When a data download is requested from the Advanced page of the VRM portal everything seems OK and VRM sends an email notification that the file is ready to download. However when the email link is clicked and the portal opens the message 'File no longer exists' is seen. Ihave downloaded successfully in the past so this puzzles me - HELP!

VRMbug reportvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @rod.peel

Try a shorter time frame and see if that works.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rod.peel avatar image
rod.peel answered ·

Hello Guy, yes your suggestion worked provided I kept my downloads close to 7 days in duration. It is a bit of a pain having to stitch Excel files together but it is better than no data at all. Does VRM know why this has happened? NB Just to tell you that my original d/l request to the portal that did not work was for the month of October 00:00 on 1st to 00:00 on 1st November.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @rod.peel,

I don't know the specifics of why, but I would guess there was some limit placed on the time it takes to execute a database request and those long history requests are exceeding it and getting stopped.

The VRM team is aware though, and it is on their agenda to resolve the issue.

If you don't want to wait any longer, you may wish to look into the VRM API, a short script should be able to automatically download all your history data within the constraints in smaller requests, and then stitch it together for you.

https://vrm-api-docs.victronenergy.com/#/

0 Likes 0 ·
rod.peel avatar image
rod.peel answered ·

Thank you Guy, I briefly attempted to stitch two files together (copy and paste in Excel) but the files are enormous and I am uncertain that they each have the same format. It is possible that I changed some of my data widgets in the middle of the month and therefore files have differing headers. A contiguous file download would be so much better (and has worked previosly) so I look forward to the VRM team solving the issues.
Thank you once more for your time and knowledge.

2 |3000

rod.peel avatar image
rod.peel answered ·

Strangely enough I tried the whole month download again a few days after my piecemeal download and it worked fine.
I am now trying to download Novembers data and I am having the same issue that when trying to download the file from the link emailed to me I get the 'File does not exist' message again

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Rod,

When this export process fails for some reason (timeout usually) there is a notification sent to the VRM team and they investigate to see why.

So changes are being made in the background to improve it.

I’ll let them know about your most recent troubles.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources