question

dmitriysimonenko avatar image

Changing the Administrator of a VRM installation

Hi.

I am trying to add a new installation on the VRM portal. It is the Victron Ethernet Remote.

After entering the IMEI device and pressing the "Request Access" button, the following message is displayed:

How can I find out who is the administrator of the device and his email and add myself to the administrators?

VRMinstallation
1542976375274.png (9.9 KiB)
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

As you are seeing that message, an email has already been sent to the registered Admin of that Portal ID, along with your details.

If you do not receive a reply from them directly, and you wish to modify the Administrator of the VRM site, you will need to contact the dealer from whom the part was purchased.

Send an email or call the dealer and make a "Victron VRM Change of Administrator Request" with them, along with the VRM Portal ID, and proof of purchase/ownership of the device.

They will then be able to follow the matter up through their Victron Sales Manager who can also check with the existing administrator on record and if necessary make the change directly. If the Installer, Dealer, Distributor chain is no longer available, or unknown you will need to open a support ticket here.

These procedures are in place for security reasons, and this is not something available to end-users.

5 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank you for fast answer!

Hi there. Same problem. Just bought a house with a big solar/battery setup which I need to get on top of. The previous owner is dead (yes unfortunately). Don't know where he bought his Victron Colour so it's a bit difficult. Is there really no way I can reset the administrator?

Hi, I have a second hand system bought from an "unofficial" Victron dealer/breaker. I have no idea who the original owner or dealer was, but need access to the VRM Portal and removal of the previous admins/users (who seem to be accessing my installation!!). I've sent via the VRM Portal the request to the previous admin (email?) and raised a support request.

Is it possible to do a manual migration, and what info do you need from me? The system didn't exactly come with a sales receipt... The guy I bought it from breaks gensets and power units for spares, I believe my installation was once working on the Crossrail project.

paddy13 avatar image
paddy13 answered ·

Hello,

also i have now the same Problem. I buy a used Venus GX, and dont know where the old admin is.

the Victron dealer dont can help me here..

Any ideas?

Thank you

1 comment

Hi @Paddy13

If your dealer doesn't help you, the next step is to contact the sales manager of your area, you can find contact details here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/contact

enjytme avatar image
enjytme answered ·

(Victron Energy Staff)

I too have a system I bought second hand and haven't had any luck getting a response from the previous owner. Can you email me instructions on how to proceed? Trying to set up the VRM.

ben-sayward avatar image
ben-sayward answered ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron energy Staff)

I have the opposite problem, a installation we put in has dissapeared from my list of sites on VRM, and VE Power Setup, I have the site ID (from a screenshot) and the VRM ID, who do I contact as an Installer to regain access to this site, its quite urgent as we have set the ESS to keep charged whilst on site and now need to return it to normal state.

The client himself has forgotten his username and password also so I need administrator priveliges to set him back up on VRM.

Regards

Ben

1 comment

Hi Ben,

I think it would be the same procedure obtain access via the distributor -> Victron sales manager.

I will send you an email in this case.

Regards,

Guy