question

misullivan avatar image
misullivan asked

Sudden drop in consumption in VRM

Really weird thing just happened....

Consumption in VRM went down, however it’s supplying computer equipment and all showing uptimes over >1 day... so nothing got switched off, nothing rebooted... no idea why, any thoughts?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
misullivan avatar image
misullivan answered ·

On continued monitoring today this happened...

It would appear the drops are when the GX devices reboots (crashes?)...

In this case a drop on the left followed the MPPT being no longer connected... I rebooted it at the second one and it redectected the MPPT but lost the BVM... rebooted a second time (on the right) and it detected everything again...

All devices were available over Bluetooth connection and they were lost to each other over the ve.direct cable... reboot twice to find them all again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @misullivan

If you're running a BT 'network' alongside a cabled one then this may be the cause of your issues.

4 comments
2 |3000

misullivan avatar image misullivan commented ·

Not running the bt network and ve.direct... it won’t let you.. that mistake I corrected months ago.... however the devices are Bluetooth enabled so I was able to connect to them directly using the iOS app.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ misullivan commented ·

Yeh ok, good. Can you see the relevant widgets to try to nail down a pattern in the graphs? I've no idea what it might be, but troubleshooting needs more clues, like all you can find. Eg. Are there missing patches of data that don't get counted, or something gradual, a trend of some type?

0 Likes 0 ·
misullivan avatar image misullivan JohnC ♦ commented ·

The lost data coincides with a reboot/crash of the GX... it because more obvious today when it failed to recognise the MPPT then the BVM... losses of data each reboot... could be buffers filling up, oom killer cleaning up and watchdogs forcing a restart.. dunno.. guess I should enable ssh and see if there is anything in the logs that might indicate the reason ....

0 Likes 0 ·
ryderbellamy avatar image ryderbellamy misullivan commented ·

This is buffers filling up.

mapquest driving directions

0 Likes 0 ·