pierbiag avatar image
pierbiag asked

Cerbo in "Device List" but not in "Advanced"

Hello! I've got a problem with VRM:

My system was originally the following:

1x Cerbo GX

1x SmartSolar MPPT

1x MultiPlus Compact

Everything was set up and working well on VRM.

I’ve had to remove the MultiPlus to send it for a repair.

Since then, in the “advanced” tab of VRM (the one with widgets) the gateway shows as offline, while it still works in the “device list” tab (and I'm obviously connected to it).

I’ve even unlinked the multiplus to see if it would fix it.

Do you have any solution to fix it? I’d like to have access to the internal temperature of the Cerbo GX on VRM.

Thanks!

NOTE: I’m in another country from the system. So I can’t do anything “on site”.

1682098417400.png 1682098430753.png

VRMbug reportvrm advanced
1682098417400.png (469.6 KiB)
1682098430753.png (326.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jamesmcclatchey avatar image
jamesmcclatchey answered ·

Have you tried rebooting the Cerbo GX? I am assuming "remote console" works from VRM site.

Settings->General->Reboot?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pierbiag avatar image pierbiag commented ·

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for my delay. I’ve just seen it.

Yes, rebooting was the first thing I did, and I’ve just tried again. The problem is still there, but interestingly the “last seen” time seems to be updating now, despite showing in red and the widgets not working.

img-6728.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-6728.png (297.4 KiB)
Indeed, this did help with some caveats (see my update below)
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Looks like you have a CCGX as well as the Cerbo in the system. Only one GX device is allowed.

Perhaps the Cerbo is showing up as the CCGX.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Kev. My current setup is only the Cerbo GX and the Smartsolar while the multiplus is with my dealer. I never owned or connected a CCGX to this system. The “gateway” device is/should be the Cerbo GX
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ pierbiag commented ·
Guess the smart solar wasn't one with a CCGX built in.

Odd.

Maybe this should go to @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

0 Likes 0 ·
315rlts avatar image
315rlts answered ·

Perhaps there are widgets configured that rely on the Multiplus under the Gateway? Without the Multiplus the default is showing "offline"? What I'm suggesting is to look through the Widgets and disble (or delete) any that need the Multiplus to report their data. (I could be wrong--just a guess on my part.)

1 comment
2 |3000

It looks that way. I can't edit or enable them, but all the default widgets under the gateway device are "system" widgets. It's reasonable they'd have to rely on the multiplus. it's odd that they actually mark the "last seen" label in red, as the device is actually connected. it should really just show "no data" on the individual widgets if this is the case.
0 Likes 0 ·
pierbiag avatar image
pierbiag answered ·

UPDATE: I think the reboot that @jamesmcclatchey suggested fixed 90% of it:

- I had previously rebooted, but I did so before removing the Multiplus from my device list. Back then the reboot did not fix the "last seen" update problem, but it did now.

- Apparently the "Internal temperature" widget that made me think there was a connection problem, is not supposed to work in the first place! This is very confusing and I think it should be removed or properly implemented. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/168603/cerbo-gx-internal-temperatures-not-showing-on-grap.html

- Other "Gateway" device metrics work at the moment (like the "D-bus round trip time")

- The only unsolved "problem" is that the "Last seen" label in "Advanced" is still red, but it's not important to me.

Thank you very much to all who spent time helping me out and apologies for the trivial issue/solution.

2 |3000

Related Resources