question

tango avatar image
tango asked

Buffering the Battery with a Generator (3-Phase System) - Skylla to charge via 48V DC System?

I have following Setup:

3 multiplus 3000 / 48v (3 Phasen System)

Cerbo gx mit Display

10 kWh Pylontec BMS

2 x MPPT for Solar Array

The Idea/question:
The System is Grid connected - as we will not have enough days with sunshine hours to fully load the Battery 100%.
But rather then using the Grid power to charge the Battery - I'd like to use a Generator.

All the solutions are with a switch on one Phase - should the power go out it would switch over. I would like to not go this route as I would start a Generator and just run it 1-2 hours for a day maybe to support charging for example (if not remote controlled - manually for sure!)

The Current plan would be a Skylla 48/50 TG to connect it to the 48V BUS system
Would this work - can I connect it to the Cerbo GX - to see the input?

As I have a 48V System I have not seen a Skylla i which might be the "better" one for this project. So lacking more information so far I though I try this forum for support.

cerbo gxGeneratorPylontech3 phaseSkylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tango avatar image tango commented ·

I think I found the answer still:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/15723/skylla-as-power-supply-running-from-generator-poor.html

so a YES on making it work.

Follow up now would be as I found this as well to be useful:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/64849/skylla-i-48v-charger.html

Would there be a 48V i Version anywhere in the future to make the system connect better?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

yes, this would work, however, the BMS / Cerbo has no way of controlling the charge current of the Skylla. This is not a problem if charge is ended at <80% SOC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.