question

stubbs avatar image
stubbs asked

how to integrate the BMV-712 into the Cerbo

Hello I have a setup as follows:

3Ph MP2'+ Solar RS450-100 + Fronius Symo + ~40kW Pylon US3000c' controlled by Cerbo GX /Touch 70 and VRM. All working as expected.

Bought a Hyundai (ITC-Power) 8kVA Genset 3Ph (in Single Ph mode), VE Smart dongel and a Quattro2 48/5000/Charger only. Connected and Setup everything; as per the Manual. Everything works somewhat as expected. I need to adj. AVR /Idler settings abit. Fuel-Level is monitored by the Cerbo.

Keeping the two systems isolated from the other. I managed to get Automatic Gen. Start/Stop function working from the Cerbo. Over the AUX1 input and Relay of the Quattro2, with warmup/cooldown timmers.

Now I wish to install a BMV-712 have it laying around for some time now. To monitor the output of the Genny/Quattro2 in the Cerbo as well the BMV-Relay as a safety device (ex: on AUX2)

The Question is how to integrate the BMV-712 into the Cerbo so oversight can be seen in VRM if possible in the Remote Console as well? If not; are some other viable options avoiding a second GX device.

Edit: Forgot to ask: Pylon. settings for the BMV-712 just as a control. I am getting older... lol

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorGeneratorPylontech
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stubbs avatar image stubbs commented ·

Hello @Alexandra Thanks for the fast reply and you time! I will implement this tonight.

I have a few thoughts on the BMV settings and would love to hear some thoughts

Should I wire the Relay inline with the Cerbo Relay? when the Pylon' >50vdc as Gen. feedback safety; in case of a good solar day. It will be triggered to open The Generator will not start. Or wire the relay as a remote power off for the quattro. Wich I believe is the better choice?

I have not tried this yet. Just getting some idea of what to set in the BMV to get a modified 100% SoC @50 or 51 VDC on the Pylons. I know these settings are for the most part irrelivant due to the BMS. Other than Relay relevant settings. They are only for semi correct display output.

• Charged Voltage: 50vdc
  • Peukert exponent: 1.05
  • Charge effiiciency Factor: 99%
  • Capacity: 814Ah
  • Discharge Floor: 95%
1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ stubbs commented ·
@Stubbs

You can set the inverter to shut down on SOC internally. The ve bus now synchronises with the battery soc so will be as accurate as the pylons.

The idea with the bmv is interesting. Do you or will you have it wired in a way that it will see the discharge as well as the charge to the sytem batteries?

1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Stubbs

Put it in place, connect to the ve direct port with the right cable. Check it is in devices list on the cerbo.

Make sure the pylons are still the main battery monitor for the system under system setup.

Still in system set up, head down to battery measurements and set it to be visible.

It will show up in its own box under the battery tile.

You can even name it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stubbs avatar image
stubbs answered ·

@Alexandra
Thank you for your reply! I will set it internally. The Charge and discharge rate should be recognised? I have no discharge but will have to simulate. The Idea is good. Thanks! will report back!

2 |3000