question

hoeken avatar image
hoeken asked

Skylla-i 48v Charger?

From my understanding, the 48v/50a Skylla TG charger is 'dumb' in the sense that it doesn't integrate via VE.Bus to a GX system. Is this correct?

If so, are there any plans or options to release a 48v version of the Skylla-i charger? I'm spec'ing out a new system that will use a 48v LFP bank with Cerbo / VE.bms, etc and it would be nice for the charger to be connected to the VE.Bus as well.

I know that I could use a Multiplus, but the challenge is that it is for a performance catamaran, and weight is a factor (10kg vs 30kg)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerSkylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

terbonium avatar image terbonium commented ·
Does anyone know if Victron has plans to release a 48V version of the Skylla-i series?

I have a 48V LFP house bank aboard a vessel. It would be great to add dedicated 48V shore powered charges when in foreign marinas with differing power.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

This would be good - it's about time these were updated with a VE Bus interface.

In the meantime I'm going to use the remote input to inhibit charging controlled by the bms charging relay, with plans to introduce a digitally controlled resistance for the POT terminals so as I can also remotely control the current.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.