question

sambrown avatar image
sambrown asked

-48v Compatibility

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at using Polarium Lithium Batteries in my system but notice they are -48v. Is there any way they could be used with a MultiPlus? Would I need to wire them in a different way, add some kind of converter or are -48v batteries not at all compatible with Victron equipment?

Multiplus-IILithium BatteryCCGX Color Controlgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Multiplus have in there range 48v inverters.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sambrown avatar image sambrown commented ·
I understand there are 48v variants but I was looking to use a -48v battery bank. i.e: the positive terminal outputs 0 volts (ground) and the negative terminal outputs 48v.
0 Likes 0 ·
sambrown avatar image sambrown sambrown commented ·

Terminals:

incell.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
incell.jpg (74.6 KiB)
marekp avatar image marekp sambrown commented ·

When you connect negative lead of a voltmeter to the "-48V" batery terminal and positive lead to the "0V" battery terminal, what you see on the voltmeters display?

Is the case of this battery made of metal?

If is made of metal is it connected to the "0V" terminal?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Very odd never seen that before I would think 0 is posistive and -48 is negative use a meter to confirm and connect. looks like a 0 posistive ground system battery? Check to ground for polarity.

2 |3000

manoju avatar image
manoju answered ·

Got the same issue. Polarium -48v battery / 150AH / 7.2kw . can it couple into my Huawei home solar system?

The inverter is battery compatible.

2 |3000

ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

Maybe reading the polarium manual would help ?

2 |3000