question

Ewout Verhulst avatar image
Ewout Verhulst asked

Error running own script at boot

Hi!

I'm trying to run my own script on a CCGX. The script works well if I start it over an SSH session, but when I try to start it at boot it gives the following error: 'softlimit: fatal: unable to run /data/dbus-dummygridmeter-py/dummygridmeter.py: access denied'.

Anyone know what the probleme could be?

I symlinked my program in /data to /service so daementools kan invoke it at boot.

access-denied.png

Venus OSEnergy Metergridmodifications
access-denied.png (53.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
laurenceh avatar image
laurenceh answered ·

First guess would be access bits, but I expect you have thought of that. As a test try:

chmod a+x dummygridmeter.py

However for the services I have written the symlink is not to the py file but to a shell script tat starts the py file, look at the other python based services examples in Venus OS and follow them.

Also try :

svc -d (and/or -u) <your service>
to prove daemontools can do its stuff.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ewout Verhulst avatar image Ewout Verhulst commented ·

HI @LaurenceH thanks for your answer! I just found out that my script and my run script didn't had the correct rights, I changed that and now everything works perfect.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Energy Meter Selection Guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)