question

burnscraft avatar image
burnscraft asked

Kohler 7.5 Quattro Cerbo GX With Load Sensing Gen Start

My genset is controlled "start/stop" by sensing the presence or absence of a load on the line. It also has a two wire start/stop. The two wire will not stop the genset if there's a load present. My question is, will the Quattro AC IN-1 contactor open and close as necessary for my genset when programmed with the gen start/stop features in the Quattro or Cerbo GX or do I need to add a external contactor?

Thank you

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxGeneratorauto gen start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
burnscraft avatar image
burnscraft answered ·

The answer is yes you do need contactor... Unless there's a setting in the Quattro I'm missing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mocat avatar image
mocat answered ·

I think you will find the Kohler genset has a momentary contact on off switch it will need a 2 x .5 of a second relay wired into a start stop relay on you Cerbo or BMV at your predetermined levels, I have done it and it works fine, and has now automatically for over 12 months.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

As moat says, you need to convert the single "close to run" relay output from Cerbo to two pulses for start and stop.

But, if the generator won't stop if there is a load present, then stop may not work. It may be necessary to add a contractor on the generator's output to interrupt the feed from the generator to the Quatro.

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
The 'General Flag' Assistant in the quattro can be used to interrupt ACIN1 (or 2). It's actually mentioned as a 'hint' in the 'Generator Start and Stop' Assistant setup process..
0 Likes 0 ·
marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide answered ·

Just installed a kohler with a cerbo. You can use the local control to start and stop the generator. When you local panel is om run you can connect the cerbo relay 1 in series and everything works fine!
Or you replace auto and run and the auto is realy for automatic start instead of the remote control panel.

img-20220623-171216.jpg

2 |3000